13 - CRUEL

SLASHING HER WAY THROUGH DOZENS OF SOLDIERS WAS INVIGORATING

SLASHING HER WAY THROUGH DOZENS OF SOLDIERS WAS INVIGORATING. As the battle raged on, nothing was making Kaelyn feel more powerful than watching Thanos's army fall to its knees while she gave the battle everything she got. She laughed cruelly as a soldier tried to stab her through the chest, but the spear point hit her chest so hard it snapped in half and left not even a scratch on her. Watching the confusion on the creature's face as she in-turn replicated the move, except succeeding, was laughable. Watching Thanos's soldiers fall to the ground at her hand satisfied her in a way nothing else could. Maybe it was cruel, but these monsters had taken everything from her. Five years of her life gone because of the Titan. She had enough and she was going to take back everything stolen from her in any way she could. So, she fought tirelessly with her sisters and the love of her life beside her.

She watched with a sadistic grin as Pepper Potts sent Thanos to his knees during his attempt to chase down Danvers who had possession of the gauntlet. She couldn't see what happened as Thanos threw his weapon, all she felt was the explosion that resulted of it. Dull metal caught her eye as she saw the gauntlet thrown aside. With fear in her eyes and her heart, she saw Tony go for it at the same time Thanos did.

"Peter, Peter," she called out, her eyes searching for the boy. When she saw him, she spoke, "We have to help him, we have to."

Others seemed to have the same thought as Thor, with both of his powerful weapons in hand, slammed down in front of the gauntlet and began fighting Thanos before he could get to it. She held back as Captain America joined and they were almost able to behead Thanos with Thor's axe. Almost.

Both man and God were thrown off of Thanos as the Titan grasped the gauntlet for the first time in the battle. Just as he was about to put it on, Danvers cut him off at the knees as he crumpled and they though. Peter held onto Kaelyn, but she couldn't tell if he was holding her back or if he was simply afraid he would lose her again. She wanted them to help, but her feet were frozen to the ground. She was invincible, but not fearless.

Danvers brought Thanos to his knees without breaking a sweat and Kaelyn wished that could be her. To be so strong, so graceful, and so utterly powerful was something she could achieve only in her dreams. However, even with that power, Thanos pulled one of the stones into his other hand and used its power to knock Danvers out of his way. Kaelyn gasped as the woman went flying, her hand shaking as it covered her masked mouth out of fear. Thanos had the stones and no one could stop him right now. She wanted to jump in, but what could she do when those more powerful than her had already been defeated?

Kaelyn blinked and when she looked upon the battle again, Tony was ripping the gauntlet off of Thanos's hand as best he could. However, with one punch, Tony was knocked to the ground.

"I am... inevitable," Thanos gasped as he looked at the gauntlet on his hand in awe, preparing the snap. Kaelyn froze, she wasn't ready to die. Not again.