Chapter 13 - Bad Luck

Start from the beginning

However, among the troopers there is one. The one with the bloody handprint on his helmet who aims, but never shoots. He can't bring himself to it. Something inside of him was telling him that it wasn't right - even if he had been programmed to believe it was since birth.

Kylo Ren felt the uncertainty of the nameless stormtrooper. FN-2187. He stopped in his tracks, feeling a sensation of the light side coarse through his cold hard soul. He glimpses at the trooper, who is stood staring back at him. Underneath his mask, Kylo's nose flares and he continues the small trek to his ship, letting the blue laser release and continue it's path through gravity, firing into the tower where the entire lifeless village lay.

FN jumps at the explosion but stays put, almost as if he's frozen to the spot. That is until he is ushered back to the trooper's transport.

3 miles away now, the droid continues rolling through the sandy dunes. Turning at a huge explosion - undoubtedly from the x-wing they traveled in. he lets out a curious beep only to replace it with a saddened one. He hopes his master got out of there, for his sake, the resistance's, but also his girlfriend's - whom he had unbeknownst to her, promised himself to when he gave her that necklace before they left earlier that day.

****

Poe is escorted out of the transport, tugging at the trooper's grip on his arm. "Alright," he argues. "Alright!" He manages to break free but is quickly taken ahold of once again by a different trooper as he gets distracted by his surroundings.

Gawking at the sights of all the imperial soldiers and ships, he can't help but think "Imagine what Y/N would think of all this?"

Behind him as he's dragged off to Force knows where on this huge ship, FN-2187 wanders aimlessly, attempting to find a place for a moment of peace. He steps into the same transport he was brought in and pants as he takes off his mask. He realises for the first time in his miserable, forceful life that what the first order is doing? It's wrong. Very, very wrong.

"FN-2187, submit your blaster for inspection," he jumps at the sound of his trainer's voice in the small container.

"Yes, Captain," he can't bring himself to look at her. He despises her for the way he has been forced into everything that is bad about the galaxy.

"And who gave you permission to remove your helmet?" she sounds tired.

"I'm sorry, Captain," his breathing slows down.

"Report to my division at once," she leaves the container and the turning trooper.

****

Poe's eyes flicker open as he reawakens from hours of torture and gruelling interogation from troopers and generals alike. Surprisingly, he doesn't give up too easily - something his other half knows well. Of whom is currently flying to Jakku in the search for him.

He takes a moment to regain his breath in the cold climate of the ship, feeling the dried blood on his temple cracking as he scrunches his brows.

"I had no idea we had the best pilot in the resistance on board," the monotone, robotic voice forces him to look in that direction. In front of him, Kylo Ren. "Comfortable?"

"Not really," he tells the caped man with an annoyed tone.

"I'm impressed," Ren stalks towards the pilot. "No one has been able to get out of you what you did with the map,"

"Might want to rethink your technique," he tells the man sarcastically.

A gloved hand raises in front of his head and he feels a tug on his mind, something he has only felt once before that day in the forest.

However, this isn't gentle and kind. This is painful and full of bad intentions. His head is thrown against the metal chair he has been strapped to for who knows how long. The shooting pain gets larger and larger and he starts to lose his breath.

"Where is it?" Ren asks him impatiently.

"The resistance," he gasps. "Will not be intimidated by you,"

"Where," Kylo continues, growing tired of the pilot's little games. "Is it?"

His entire head hurts like a planet-shattering migraine. He doesn't even realise he is yelling in pain until after everything turns black.

The hooded giant exits the interrogation room, feeling content but shaken with his newest findings. He greets General Hux outside with a simple, "it's in a droid, a BB unit,"

"Well then," Hux fights a smirk. "If it's on Jakku we'll soon have it,"

"I leave that to you," Kylo begins to walk away but turns back to the insanely irritating ginger haired general. "And tell supreme leader Snoke I need to speak with him as soon as I can,"

"What is that in regards to?" Hux resists the urge to roll his eyes at his orders to fulfill all of Ren's orders.

"The original apprentice," he tells him, conflicting feelings of relief and of anger bubbling in his chest. "It seems as though she is not as dead as we previously believed,"

With that, he turns and walks away to slash up some room with the anger and betrayal he is feeling. But the news that Ben Solo's sister is still alive after 10 years of believing she was six feet under is challenging his dark beliefs and exchanging them with, for the first time in a long time, love and relief.

But now, he knows his job. Get that grown up girl, and bring her to Snoke. He already knows that the girl could be what brings the first order to its knees, she has enough strength to do that. Snoke will be delighted to hear that his original target is seemingly alive and well. But Kylo knows, deep down, that Ben Solo's sister will never move to the dark side of the force. Why else would Snoke move to Ren? He couldn't even get through the barrier of innocent light that surrounded her all those years ago.

How would he be able to do that now?

---------------------------

Next chapter will be much lengthier I'm sorry!! It takes quite a lot of time because I want to get all of the script and scenery perfect for all you lovely lot.

Also i'm sorry for hurting our baby Dameron but what are your theories on the newest revelation? obviously I know (cause i'm the author, duh) but i'd like to hear your thoughts on it. It won't be mentioned for a while after this but now it's in the back of your heads: maybe everything does happen for a reason ;)

Anyways, i'm VERY excited for the next chapter! I really love it.

Love, always and please stay safe!

S x