Chapter 11- Old Friend

The sunlight beamed down onto my face as I woke up this morning. Liam laid cuddled up behind me with his slight stubble tickling my neck and legs wrapped in mine. Suddenly his body shifted and a yawn escaped his mouth before his eyes opened.

“ Good morning, beautiful," he said as he kissed my cheek.

“ Morning," I yawned.

“ Did you sleep well?"

“ Yep"

I made a move to get out of bed but Liam quickly pulled me back down.

“ And where exactly do you think you're going?," he teased.

“ To pee," I giggled. He released me out of his grip and I quickly jogged into the bathroom before I had an accident.

Just when I walked out of the bathroom, Liam rose from the bed and stretched his arms out. I stood in the doorway of the bathroom silently watching him. He caught my gaze and smirked mischeviously. I was suddenly lifted into the air and spun around.

“ Liam! Stop!," I laughed. Eventually he set me back down on my feet and pecked me on the lips.

“ Come on, lets get some breakfast," he said.

When Liam and I arrived in the kitchen the same happened as always; the room fell quiet and some pack members even left.

It made me question the way Liam supposedly treated his pack before I came into the picture. How different was his attitude before I came?. Was he that aggressive and demanding that it summoned the whole pack to fear or hate him?.

Liam left me sitting on a stool to retrieve something. In his absence, a familiar girl walked up to me, plate in hand.

“ Enjoy your breakfast, Luna," she smiled. There she again with that word. She left before I could say anything and I made a mental note to question Liam about it later.

Liam returned with juice and we talked for a bit while eating, before pretty soon, we were the only ones in the kitchen. Noah had arrived and chatted with us for a while before we decided to leave the kitchen to go freshen up.

“ Oh, by the way man," Noah paused at the kitchen door and smiled. “ Happy Birthday"

Liam seemed to tense up at his words but replied. ” Thank you"

Birthday? It was Liam's birthday? Why didn't he tell me?

“ Its your birthday?," I asked. He looked at me and sighed.

“ Yes," he answered.

“ But why didn't you tell me?"

“ Because its no big deal," he said.

“ Okay, but don't you want to celebrate your birthday?," I asked.

He shook his head. “ No"

“ Why not?"

He shrugged. “ I haven't celebrated m birthday in years, Katie"

“ But most people love to celebrate their birthday," I pointed out.

“ Not me"

“ But-"

“ No buts Katie," he said sternly. I ran around the counter and held onto his arm.

“ Oh come on, just this one time. We can-"

“ Why are you so obsessed with me celebrating my birthday?," he asked angrily making me wince and flinch back at his tone. I abruptly removed my hand from his arm.