"Alright," Minho wiped his hands on the silk cloth that he held in his hand before sitting down on a nearby trunk. "What did you want to ask?"

"Has Prince Yongbok sent you any letters yet?"

Minho narrowed his eyes. "No, not yet. I'm sure he's very busy at the moment."

"Not at all? You are kin, should you not keep in touch?"

"As I said, Prince, I'm sure he's very busy. His father has passed away, and he must take control of his assets before his younger brother does!"

"He has a younger brother?"

Minho nodded grimly. "Indeed he does..."

~oOo~

(AN: Sorry for the short interruption. I just wanted to clarify a few facts. Yes, it's true that most of the names used in this story do not fit the time it is set in, and I'm aware of this. Still, since the majority of the character's names are like this, they will continue to be so for the other characters. Also, a new character is about to be introduced into the story line, and he is... not a likable character. I contemplated using a real name and/or idol for most of the characters that have a negative side in this story, but I didn't want to upset anybody or cause any problems. I was going to use Seungri as a "evil" character, but very quickly decided against it, for obvious reasons. So, in conclusion, these disagreeable characters are not made to be anybody outside of this story, and if their names are the same, that is just a coincidence. Now please, enjoy the rest of this chapter!)

Prince Lee Yongbok had not felt so much hate in his life.

It was not his hate, but that of his family around him. They glared at each other like wolves spotting an enemy pack. Groups of family members were split up across the room, murmuring among themselves. It was unfortunate that his mother had been a rich princess who married a rich man. When his mother had died, his father had inherited everything. Now that he died, everyone wanted a piece.

The old men with white beards were not what worried Yongbok. They could yell and shake their fists at him all they liked and would still not get a thing. The one Yongbok worried about... was his own brother.

Lee Yong-jae had never wanted anything more in his entire life, and Yongbok knew this. Which made it harder to defend. It wasn't like he was greedy, and wanted everything to himself. He already was working for the king and made a great deal of money. He also knew that since he was close with his cousin, he would never leave him by himself.

But to give everything to Lee Yong-jae... that was practically suicide.

Lee Yong-jae, as well as Yongbok, had royal blood, meaning they had a claim to the crown should the king die. Yongbok had never wanted this title, never longed for it the way that his brother did. He knew that if Yong-jae got all of their father's resources, he would use it to take over the throne if and when the king died.

Another thing. Lee Yong-jae despised the Han Kingdom. Openly, he shared his hatred to his family, as well as to the public. He shamed the king behind doors, for letting Lee Minho travel there for peace. He spat at the thought of a joined kingdom.

That was why Yongbok would never let Lee Yong-jae get his hands on anything their father had left.

It was a good thing that their father had left a will.

And it was a good thing that their father never liked Yong-jae much.

It was also a good thing that everything had been passed to Yongbok with not 'buts' or 'ands' or 'howevers'.