o6. 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘱𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘪𝘦𝘴

o6 | nightmares and apologies

Elodie's heart beat strong and fast in her ears as she hid behind a wall in her home, hand over her mouth to try and mask her sobs. The gunshot had sent her into full blown panic, and when she had spotted a boy from school stood in the study of her home with a gun in his hand, mother on the floor with a bullet in her leg and twin brother leaning over their father as he bled out, trying desperately to save his life, Elodie had lost herself completely. In milliseconds, the redhead's world had been completely flipped upside down.

Sam has turned his head, spotting Elodie trying to spy on the scene and changed from solemn looking to manic looking, all over again. He raised his gun up to where she was standing, firing off a few shots towards her.

One of the bullets had lodged itself into the skin by Elodie's collarbone, and the girl hissed in pain as she turned to run away from the scene. She had no doubt that the boy would come for her next, and he wouldn't be afraid of lodging bullets into dangerous places, other than her collarbone.

"If you touch her Sam I swear to god!" Elodie heard her twin brothers voice, shaking and weak, as there were heavy footsteps until a door was slammed and the footsteps were no more. Elodie heard the click of a lock and then there was silence, as Sam glided on his feet to find the girl, making no noise.

The kitchen was the closest room to Elodie, and she didn't feel safe hiding anywhere else, so she slipped into the room, closing the door behind her as quietly as she could - the movement in her arm caused pain to rocket through the muscle in her collarbone, and the redhead had to bite down on her bottom lip to stop herself from physically crying out in pain.

It was quiet for a while, and it scared Elodie half to death. She prayed and willed and wished that someone had managed to dial 911 and the police were on their way. She didn't know how much longer she could survive on her own.

Elodie, still covering her mouth with her hand to mask her sobs, didn't know how long it was going to be until Sam found her. She pressed her free hand to the bleeding wound by her collarbone, hissing a little as pain shot through her shoulders, and she prayed that someone would come and rescue her.

"Elodie," the girl heard Sam whistle in a sing-song voice. "I'm not going to hurt you. I just need you to tell me what you know about Key House. I didn't mean to shoot you, the shots were just supposed to scare you. Stop hiding from me."

Elodie refused to show herself. He would probably shoot her again. The girl looked around for something she could grab, eyeing up a kitchen knife - that would do some kind of damage. But she didn't have time to grab it, before Sam came up behind her, wrapping an arm around her throat and pressing the gun to the side of her head. Elodie whimpered a little as the barrel pressed into her head, grazing the skin a little with the impact of the metal hitting her head.