o3. 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘰𝘧 𝘴𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘭

o3 | first day of school

"𝐄𝐋𝐎𝐃𝐈𝐄, 𝐈 𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐈 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐎𝐍𝐄!" Bodie repeated for what could've been the millionth time in the same ten minutes, swearing blind that the voice he had heard in the well house hadn't just been a filament off his imagination. "She told me she was my echo, and she knew my name! I swear I'm not lying."

Elodie sighed softly, not wanting to seem frustrated with her little brothers story, but finding it hard to believe that there could be somebody in the well-house.

"Bodie, sweetheart, it's late and we drove for hours today," Elodie said softly, ruffling the boys hair up a little as she pulled his bed covers closer to his chest. "Your mind can play silly tricks on you when you're tired. Besides, that old well house has been locked for years. Nobody could've gotten in there anyways."

"Why does nobody believe me?" Bodie mumbled softly, pouting a little.

Elodie hated this side of being a big sister. Shutting down Bodie's theories.

"Come on, it's getting late," Elodie said, putting her hand on her little brother's chest and slowly pushing him down towards his mattress - she could tell he was as exhausted as she felt, because he didn't try and fight her. "If you're so worried, I'll check the well house out with you tomorrow after I get home from school."

"You promise?" Bodie mumbled softly as Elodie reached for his lamp.

"Promise little man," Elodie smiled, leaning down to kiss her little brother in the forehead before standing from the bed. "Now, goodnight Bodie. I love you."

"I love you too," Elodie heard the boy say quietly before she shut his door.

Once she knew Bodie was out of earshot, the red-head sighed heavily.

"You're too good with him," Elodie was startled by a sudden voice beside her, lifting her gaze to see Tyler in the hallway. "And yes, I heard every bit of that."

"Little minds are weird places to explore," Elodie chuckled softly, coming to stand just beside her brother, looking up at him. "Swearing blind that there's a woman in the well house when that gate has been locked for years. It'll be interesting to see what he actually heard, whether it be his own echo or not."

"Don't you dare think about going in there," Tyler mumbled, putting his hand on the bottom of Elodie's arm. "Like I said to Bodie, it's full of bats and tetanus and if you go near there at all, especially after I told you not to, I'll beat your ass."

"Of course you will," Elodie chuckled, putting her hand on the side of her twin brothers face, looking into his eyes before beginning to walk away. "Goodnight."

There was a silence until Elodie was about to shut her bedroom door.

"Love you," she heard Tyler call and Elodie stuck her head out of her bedroom briefly to see him standing in the same position that he was when she left him.