o5. 𝘣𝘦𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘵 𝘢𝘭𝘭

o5 | beginning of it all

𝐈𝐓 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐒𝐎 𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐄𝐋𝐎𝐃𝐈𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐂𝐊𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐑𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐏𝐄 𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐒. The girl didn't know how long she'd been walking away from Scot and the Savini hang until she heard the sound of a car rumbling, juddering a little from the many years of use, and the girl knew the sound of her dads car anywhere. Elodie spun round to see her twin brother behind the wheel, driving towards the girl.

The redhead paused in the street, waiting for Tyler to drive closer to her until he stopped right beside her, rolling down the window so he could speak to the girl.

"You don't really think I'm going to let you walk all the way home in this weather, do you?" Tyler raised his eyebrows and Elodie chuckled, shaking her head, knowing she probably would've frozen to death halfway home had her brother not been driving on the same road. "Get in here before I beat your ass."

Elodie climbed into the passenger side seat, rubbing her arms a little as she tried to ingest the warmth from the cars heaters - Tyler reached into the backseat and pulled forwards a jacket, one of his jackets, handing it to his twin sister before he started driving again towards home. Elodie was glad he knew where was going.

"I'm gonna assume that whatever that was didn't go well?" Tyler mumbled softly as he drove, sensing something was off with his sister and wanting to know what.

"I guess you could say that," Elodie's voice was quiet as she spoke, trying her best to avoid having to talk about what had happened with the Savini's, but when her brother stayed quiet, she knew he was waiting for her to tell him what had gone on. "They we're watching 'Dawn Of The Dead' and I don't know, something in me just snapped. It's like the wall I built in my memories just came down."

Elodie reached up to thumb the scar on her collarbone again, hissing quietly as a shot of pain glided through her shoulder - it had been three months, and the wound had mostly healed, but the nerves in Elodie's collarbone had been permanently damaged. Push too hard on her scar and it would make her cry.

Tyler was quiet, knowing what Elodie meant without her saying it outright.

He was the only one who knew the full extent of what had happened when Sam had weaselled his way into the Locke family home, but only after the boy had had to pull his twin sister from a horrible nightmare. They were common and reoccurring, even after three months, but after the first one, Elodie had been forced to tell Tyler everything. He wished he had been there to protect her more.