o4. 𝘧𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬𝘴 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘭

o4 | flashbacks from hell

𝐄𝐋𝐎𝐃𝐈𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐓 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐎𝐑𝐂𝐇 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄, 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆. Her knees were drawn to her chest as she rested her chin on top, looking out at the snow covered driveway of her home, wondering if there really was anything good that was going to come out of living in Matheson. Scot Cavendish? Probably not, if Kinsey got her own way. Everyone always tended to choose Elodie's sister over her.

A new school? She already hated it. People whispered when she walked past in the hallways, muttering of the tragedy that Elodie and her family had suffered as if she couldn't hear them. She couldn't even do anything about it. She didn't want to get suspended, or even worse, expelled, on literally her first week there.

Elodie wanted to go home. Home as in Seattle, home. Elodie wanted her dad back. She assumed she could figure out how to cope with the change, but after the day she'd had, she considered that to now be impossible. This wasn't home.

The redhead sighed, pulling out the black sketchbook from of her bag, stroking the cover for a moment before opening it, meaning to write in another reason.

'𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐍𝐔𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 - 𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑.'

Elodie shook her head, closing the sketchbook and putting it back in her bag. She sat alone and in silence for a while longer until she was shadowed over by a figure standing before her, but assuming it was her brother, she did nothing.

"You know, this house is supposed to be haunted?" a voice that Elodie didn't recognise mumbled softly - the girl looked up to meet the soft eyes of a tanned boy around her age, standing on her porch steps. "I never believed the stories, but apparently a girl went in here on day and went crazy. She's a vegetable now."

"Excuse me?" Elodie chuckled a little. "And you are?"

"Daxton Roberts," the boy smiled brightly, holding out his hands for Elodie to shake. "I live next door. Well, not next door exactly but across the land, in that house over there. So technically next door? Oh god, you know what I mean."

Elodie chuckled at the boy rambling on to her and shook his hand, patting the space beside her, asking him to sit down beside her. He smiled, sitting down.

"You looked a little lost just then," the boy mumbled softly. "Everything okay?"

"Just thinking," Elodie mumbled, sighing softly. "Today's been a rough day."