The death glare of a serpent

528,994 people died in that century but history won't remember a single one. After the 100 years old revolution between the sorceress and the muggles, the world could finally resurrect. The war had destroyed most of the natural beauty, civilization and most important it had shattered people's hope that they could live in harmony. The commanders of the two opposites worlds, The Great Wizard and The Earth President had made a pact. From this point forward, both of the societies will live separately, human species will no longer be in contact with the sorceress. Their arrangement was signed in the winter solstice, at exactly 04:48 in December 2015 and the formal document was sealed in the Magic Tower from North Arte. The District of Magic, along with the High Court, decided to erase everyone's memories, so there won't be any grudge left. After signing peace, the world was divided and no part was ever allowed to interact with the other. That until two weeks ago.

The sky was bright red, and the blazing yellow rays of sunshine were created a noble ambiance for the Ruins' Valley. The warmth of spring took over the hills and allowed the little apprentice to walk barefoot in her short white dress through the fields full of freshly blossomed flowers. Nature revival was the perfect time of year for a young witch to collect her ingredients. Green innocent eyes were searching for the divine herb that would make her bread the potion that would increase her magic power laying inside her. Her basket was full of borage for the sore-throat potions, honeysuckles for cuts injuries, chamomile for the love draught and mint for lemonade. her petite finer nose was enjoying the fragrance of spring. Little did she know that not far away from this pleasing corner of paradise, cruel dark eyes like ebony were watching her every move.

The Great Wizard was standing on his silver chair, serving his green tea, felt sleepy while waiting for his apprentice to return. He walked over the window and reflected on the peaceful surroundings. He had always hated spring's morning, the redness of the sky, the suffocating warmth, the quiet. For him, those were omens of something wicked was going to happen. Even after the ending of the war, the bloody sceneries were still alive and his mind no matter how much he tried to forget. He was afraid that his people would one day remember and those dark times would return, so he took over everything. He was controlling his world from the smallest ladybug to the biggest Master with coldness and rightness. He was their God and they accepted him. The Great Wizard had a soft spot, his young apprentice whom he loves as a daughter. While thinking about her return, The High Advisor entered the room. The fearful appearance of his, made The Great Wizard understand that the Callous Killer had returned.

Great gulped. She was admiring his sober presence, dark piercing eyes, white pale face, and long fingers holding a black metal accessory that she had never seen before. His snake tattoo on the back of his hand looked terrifying. She smiled and so did he, before the load blow, that made the birds flew confused into the air, the color of the sky started fading, letting the redness of the balmy liquid to take its place. Soon after, little cold drops of rain started falling on the fragile little body.

The Great Wizard and The High Advisor magically appeared of the cold field, only to find a breathless young lady with her eyes blankly staring at the grieving sky.

"He had returned", said the old sorcerer.

The High Advisor saw the pain on his face and dare not to speak a word.

White light started surrounded the empty body, flowers began to fade away, together with the image of the Wizard. The night slowly passed like any other and the next morning, the Magic World gathered at the Community Graveyard for the last path of a young girl whose life vanished into thin air.

The Great Wizard ordered a tomb entirely made of marble. People brought white flowers and wreaths, keeping their heads down in confusion and sorrow. The walk from the Church to the grave was quiet and monotone. Here and then you could hear a sigh or a sob, but no one was crying. The mystery of the young lady's death created panic among their world and the fear was greater than the sadness. After The High Priest finished his last words, people returned to their normal activities.

Approaching his chamber, The Great Wizard smelled e alcohol and cheap cigarette. He entered precociously and closed the doors. The terrifying snake was now holding a paper cigarette while the thick smoke was rising to the ceiling.

"I was waiting for your return." started the old man.

Even if the room was covered and darkness and the only source of light was a dim candle, The Great Wizard sense how ebony eyes were upon him.

"I'm sorry for keeping you waiting so long, but this kind of deed takes time, you know. It's not easy to plan an act of revenge." said the younger man in a harsh voice.

They were looking at each other with concerned feelings.

The Great Wizard studies the killer's long white fingers clutching the whiskey's glass and the dark demonic eyes.

"Forgive me!", the old man began in apologetic tones. "but I don't hate you, Call, and I never will. I love you, my beloved son!".

The killer looked shattered. He got up and hurried away from the room while the candle went out. Now The Great Wizard was feeling lonelier than he had ever been, but the grieving will pass, everything will resurrect and the world will once again resume its way of work. The world keeps moving so sorceresses need to keep up with it.