Chapter 1: Naofumi Iwatani (Rising of the Shield Hero)

A/N So this is a "Rise of the Shield Hero" fan-fiction starring Naofumi Iwatani and the Reader.

In this scenario, the reader is a famed courtesan in the Red Light District of the Melromarc. This chapter will center around their first meeting.

For those of you who know my writing style, a story with this kind of character and setting is practically new territory. There will not be any explicit sex scenes or limes. That's not how I roll. I do hope you enjoy the story all the same.

All pictures used in this chapter for imaginative purposes DO NOT BELONG TO ME! They can easily be found on Pinterest

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Courtesan and The Shield Hero

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our tale began on a rainy night.

I was dancing on the stage as I usually do and he was seated at a lone table, eyes solely focused on his drink.

I would never have noticed him if not for the other girls who whispered in my ear later on that the lone man on the corner of the establishment was the infamous Shield Hero

I would never have noticed him if not for the other girls who whispered in my ear later on that the lone man on the corner of the establishment was the infamous Shield Hero. It was a spectacle among the girls that a hero grace our establishment. After all, we are meant to serve our customers with drink and "pleasure".

 After all, we are meant to serve our customers with drink and "pleasure"

"Perhaps he has come to be with his kind," one of the girls laugh.

"But of course," another girl giggles, "there are no innocent men here"

The story about the Shield Hero raping (or attempt as some sources go) the 1st Princess of the Kingdom had, of course, reached our ears. He's an animal that preys on innocent women and everyone should be wary of the disgrace he is.

He wouldn't have trouble fitting in among the ruffians here. And that thought should have remained that way, if not for the fact of my treacherous observing eyes and mindful thoughts. Every time I laid eyes on this man in the corner, I would see his shoulders in the same slouched position, nursing a new mug of booze. He didn't call out to any of the girls, he didn't start up any conversation...he sat there with misery just screaming all around his body.