For the love of us

Dear Diary

I'm never the one, no matter how hard i try i'm never the one. I try to make it seem like it doesn't bother me, but it does. A lot. His smile is my biggest weakness, but i can't go there because he's my best friends ex. I know I can't control my feeling, but i can hide them and that's what i've been doing for as long as i can remember. I was into him before Elena was and she knew, but yet she still ended up with him, so at some point it would only be fair that i could be with Stefan now. Unfortunately it ain't that simple and i guess i never expected it to be, but it would be nice that for once things would work out exactly how i wanted them to. Like i said i can't control my feelings and neither can he and i'm pretty sure he don't feel the same. I'm not even sure what i am feeling myself, but this amazing friendship we have, I keep wanting it to be more. I am dying to hold his hand, feel his lips on mine and lay in his arms at night, but i know that it's just an illusion of mine. I love him. I really do and i know he love me to, just in a different way. Somewhere deep down he is still in love with Elena and oh how i wish he somewhere deep down has a spark for me to. Elena is single at the moment, she can't remember what her and Damon had going on and she don't wanna be with Stefan. They are perfect for each other, everybody knows that. They chose not to be together and i must admit that i'm kind of happy. It's cruel i know, but now i at least have a chance with him or i hope i do.

“Caroline, come help me with these boxes” Stefan shouted from the front yard. “I'm coming” i shouted back and walked out the door. Stefan was for some reason cleaning out their house, he wouldn't tell me why, he just said he needed to. He'd been acting very weird the last couple of weeks and i couldn't figure out why. Him and Elena where talking again, more than usual and it bothered me like hell. I didn't want to be jealouse, but I sure was. I picked up a box and carried it inside. “What's inside them?” i asked and looked at him. “You'll See” he answered and smirked at me. “Stop being so secretive” i said and slapped playfully on the shoulder. “You are just way to curious about everything” he said teasingly. “Like you ain't” i answered and carried the box upstairs into Stefan's room. I looked around, there was no Stefan in sight. I quietly started to open the box, but before i got to open it, Stefan grabbed me from behind and pulled me away. “You are unbelievable, you little thing” he said and pushed me out of the room. “Stefan, please” i said and looked seriously at him. “I don't like you being so secretive, you make me expect the worst” i said and kept my serious look. “There's nothing to worry about, i promise” He answered and started walking down the stairs. “Just tell me then, Stefan” I said almost angrily. “Caroline, just leave it” he said without even looking at me. “Fine” I snapped at him and walked down the stairs as well.

author's note:

This is my first fanfiction & i hope you like it. Let me know if i should write more! :)