Wait a Second..

June 18th 4:05pm

'I should've known.' Sonic thought to himself as he irritatedly clutched his controller. His fingers were dashing over each button, trying to land a hit on the computer generated opponent. Playing Street Fighter seemed to be the only way to distract himself from the current situation, or so he thought.

The hedgehog never thought he'd find himself jealous or anything or anyone, but yet, here we are. Eyes furrowed, and clenched teeth. He takes a whiff of some grape juice as he got a game over. Sonic growled slightly as he pressed the 'Play Again?' Tab. There was a knock on the door.

"Hey! Can I talk to you?" Knuckles pounded on the door, harder than he intended.

Sonic's quills tensed, "What?!"

Knuckles let himself in, but stayed near the door after noticing his friends tensed quills. Sonic shot him a glare. "Good afternoon. What do you want?"

The echidna approached his friend slowly. He lied down next to him, closing him eyes. Sonic clicked his tongue and put down his controller. His eyes were filled with the most annoyance.

"What makes you think you can just come up in my house and-" he was cut off. "Look, I'm sorry. Can I explain? Please?" Knuckles asked as he looked over at his best friend. Sonic turned off the game and turned to face Knuckles as his quills sharpened more. Knuckles scooted towards Sonic and pet his head gently. Sonic flinched, having one of his quills pierce Knuckles' mitt. The echidna simply moved his hand to a different area.

"You should relax first."

"Whatever." He did as he was told despite feeling frustrated. His quills relaxed and a soft purr escaped through his clenched teeth. Sonic slowly felt himself ease up.His mind started to wander as he began to start thinking clearly. After a while he pulled away and sat up, groaning softly.

"Okay, what's going on?"

Knuckles took a deep breath before clasping his hands together. "Look, Rouge came by Angel Island one day to take the Master Emerald. I said no, of course, but she made a bet with me.  Basically, we... Went out once or twice," Knuckles shrugged and scratched his head. He them growled a little, "I'm annoyed that you care so much... But maybe I shoulda told you first...I know you liked her..."

Sonic scratched his head and shrugged, trying to push down his emotions, "Eh... I overreacted. You should be able to do whatever you want without my approval." Knuckles rubbed the back of his neck, feeling awkward, "I know, but still, maybe I shoulda considered your feeling first."

Sonic raised a brow. Knuckles was never really the type to consider anyone's feelings but himself. He was always kind of impulsive and irritated most of the time. It was different, but a good different to say the least. Sonic sighed quietly and held his chin in his hands, thinking for a moment. He then shook his head, "That's something I never thought I'd hear you say."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

Sonic shook his head and chuckled, "Nothing my guy, anyway. Are you guys happy together?" He figured he should try to relax. Even though it hurt, he had no right to blow up at Knux like that. Sheesh, it's like he was another person when he got emotional...

Knuckles shrugged and scratched his cheek, "Sure...I mean, we've only been together for a while but, I guess we're happy." Sonic held a thumbs up whilst his chest started sting. Knuckles laughed slightly and gave Sonic a soft gaze. "Seriously, I was going to tell you sooner or later, I just didn't know when. I'm sorry..."

Sonic's ears perked and he felt face heat up. He avoided his friends' gaze and awkwardly scratched his head. "Err, It's okay Knux, S-seriously..." Sonic managed to mumble out. It was quiet for a moment as Knuckles looked towards the floor. Sonic looked towards him.

Knuckles was holding his chin in his hands and eyes dancing all over the floor. His violet eyes seemed to be focus on something else, something out of this reality. His eyelids were low and nose twitched a few times. He looked so...oddly pretty. Knuckles then closed his eyes as his face flushed red. He grumbled and looked towards Sonic shyly, "Wh-what is it?"

Sonic tapped back into reality and looked away, blushing. "Nothing Nothing!"

'What was that?!'

Sonic then faked a yawn and stood up. He laughed excessively to hide his blush and tapped his shoulder. "Wow! Sheesh! I'm tired, you should get goin Knux!" He laughed nervously. Knuckles stood up with a confused look, "Huh? It's only 4:56-" He got cut off as he felt Sonic's hand against his chest, pushing him towards the door. He blushed slightly as Sonic shoved him out. "W-wait, Sonic-"

"Hedgehogs are nocturnal, didn't you k-know?"

"What does that m-" Sonic closed the door on his and leaned against it. He felt Knuckles knock on the door, "What does nocturn-ale mean? Sonic? Sonic!" He asked and continued to knock. Sonic slumped against the door, his heart beating faster. He grabbed his ears out of frustration and clenched his eyes shut. After a while, Knuckles had stopped knocking and left. At this time, it was about 10 o-clock at night. He sat against the door and held his knees against his chest.

"What's...wrong with me?" Sonic mumbled as he pulled at his ears. He then shook his head and laughed. He was taking this all out of proportion! He was just upset, that's all, couldn't have been anything else!

'Right...?'