The bar has a rustic design of pale wood, black and white paintings, and iron fixtures dripping lights. There are green pot plants interspersed between the dark wood furniture, and a few waiters are chatting amongst themselves. There's a faint odour of beer and fried food, and So it Goes by Taylor Swift plays softly in the background. There's only one other guy in the bar and he's nursing a glass with amber liquid. He's paunchy, with alcohol reddened skin and blond hair.

The waiters break apart at your entrance, and flutter off to hide in the kitchen, except for a young man with brown hair who approaches you both. A polite smile graces his lips, until he stops dead in his tracks, his eyes fixed on Tom. You press your lips together in an effort to hold in your smile.

" Shit, are you Tom Holland?" The guy asks, eyes widening.

" Yeah."

" Man, I'm such a huge fan! Is it cool if I take a selfie with you?"

" Sure, mate," Tom smiles, as the guy pulls his phone out. You make a move to step out of the away, but Tom's grip tightens on your hand. He shoots you a smile just as the guy takes the picture. They take another one, this time with Tom facing the camera, instead of smiling at you. A chef and the other waiters, have stuck their heads out of the kitchen door, and watch the scene unfold in front of them. Their excited whispers reach your ears and you glance over to them with a smile. One of them (a doe eyed girl) gives you a sly thumbs up. You snort, in an attempt to repress your laughter.

" What's funny?" Tom smiles.

" Nothing, I think they're excited you're here." You glance to the huddled group of employees. Tom looks up and they break apart like a flock of birds.

" Yeah, don't be surprised if they ask you for pictures as well," the waiter says with a grin. "Anyway! So sorry about that. I'm Adam and I'll be your server today, was it just a table for two?"

" Yes, please," Tom smiles politely. Adam leads you both to a private table in a dark corner of the bar. He hands you both a couple of menus, and with a polite smile he says he'll be back to take your orders. You both browse the menu and see a limited amount of food on order, but plenty of beers, cocktails and wine available. You both settle on an order of steak, with salad and fries. Tom orders himself a beer and you ask for a glass of sauvignon blanc. After Adam takes your orders and whisks away to the kitchen, Tom reaches over and takes your hands in his with a smile. Your heart thumps at the contact, it's unusual for you to have someone display affection so openly. Your ex hated to hold hands in public, and never wanted photos of you as a couple on their Facebook page. Obviously later on, you figured out that this was due to their wandering eye, and lack of fidelity.

" So, that dream from last night?" Tom cocks a brow.

" Yes, the dream," after kissing Tom and getting caught up with the fact that you have a date with him, you'd completely forgotten about the dream you shared last night.

"I looked some things up online about alternate universes, parallel universes and multiverses."

" Me too, I did it during lunch today, so I wasn't able to get much information."

" Yeah, I'm pretty shocked at what I found. There's actual scientific theories about it- I thought it was all fiction!"

" Yeah, theoretical physics. So what did you find out?"

Just then Adam returns, with an ice cold glass of wine for you and a foamy beer for Tom. You take a sip, the wine's tart and refreshing, and Tom sips his beer, leaving a foamy moustache on his upper lip.

"Wait, you have a moustache," giggling, you lean over and wipe a corner of Tom's top lip. His eyes widen, but just as you lean away he grabs your hand. Without breaking eye contact he grins, and gently sucks the foam off your finger. Your cheeks flame when he lets your hand go. You sit back down, and he wipes the rest of the moustache off, your heart thumps wildly. Casually, he rests his head on one hand, a cheeky smile on his face " Where were we?"