Chapter 10 - Quidditch, Bobbles, and Banshees

Adelaide's POV

There was a buzz in the air during breakfast on Saturday due to the Quidditch match that was going to take place that morning. I sipped at my coffee as nodded mindlessly at Severus whilst he complained about the last book he read, whilst I would usually be listening, I could not find myself to as my mind was much too preoccupied.

It had been about three days since Potter's 'hilarious' prank and my outburst. I knew Regulus anted to ask about it but he had respected that I didn't want to talk, or rather when he brought it up before I threatened to castrate him and that scared him enough to not talk about it again. However, I knew the threat would only scare him for so long, and I was slightly dreading the day he decided to bring it up again.

I was brought from my thoughts as Madam Hooch approached entered the Great Hall looking around it swiftly, I caught her eye and she smiled and nodded to herself before striding confidently over to me and Severus.

"Miss Fawley," she began, "You know all the rules to Quidditch, correct?"

"Yes, I regularly watch the practi—" I tried to reply before she cut over me with a clap, causing my jaw to twitch.

"And you know all the players on each team, yes?" she asked with a smile growing on her face.

"Yes," I began cautiously with a confused expression, "Like I said, I watch the games and practi—"

"Excellent!" she interrupted again, causing my fist to discreetly clench my mug tighter in annoyance, "Well, you see, Dawley's grades are all dropping so Dawley's parents and Professor Flitwick have decided that it's probably best that he focus' more on his studies for now, so we're short a commentator and, since you're a prefect, know all the rules to Quidditch and know who plays what for each team, you're commentating now. Most of the other professors think that it will be a marvellous idea. I'm just sorry it was so last minute."

"But—" I began before getting cut off for the third bloody time by a kick to the leg from Severus.

"That sounds excellent, of course she'll do it, Madam Hooch." Severus said with a polite smile directed at the teacher whilst I glared incredulously at the side of his head. Madam Hooch nodded with a smile and a 'thank you' before heading up to the Professor's table.

"What was that for? Just because I like the sport, doesn't mean I want to commentate, you idiot." I said in a hushed whisper to Severus. The boy simply turned to face me with a small smirk and an evil glint in his eyes.

"It's the perfect time to get back at that imbecile Potter and his band of idiots. Think about it, you make a few comments at the right times, and boom! Potter messes up,"

"And Gryffindor lose the match, and Potter gets knocked off his high horse." I finish Severus' thought, slowly nodding my head, a smirk twitching at the corners of my mouth but I hid it with my - now cold – coffee mug.

"Exactly. And hopefully, as well as getting knocked off his high horse, he'll get knocked off his broom." I let a dry chuckle out at that whilst Severus was fully smirking now.

"I'll drink to that." I replied holding my mug up, tapping it lightly against Severus' raised goblet.

"To Gryffindor losing." He said, the wicked glint reappearing in his dark eyes.

TIME SKIP

I wrapped my green and silver scarf tightly around my neck as I walked silently towards the quidditch pitch. I pulled my hands from the warmth of my pockets to move the hair from my face when the bitter February air blew the long strands across my face, causing them to stick slightly to the newly bought Chapstick I was wearing – I had disposed of all my old ones after Potter's prank.

"Adelaide!" A voice called out from behind me. I paused in my steps and turned around to see Regulus jogging to catch up with me.

"Regulus," I greeted with a short nod. Regulus stuck his hand out and opened his hand to reveal a hair bobble.

"Um, your hair was going everywhere, and I heard from Snape that you were commentating so it would probably be easier if you could, um, see. So, I thought I'd give it to you." He said, cheeks tinted red, whether from the cold or from his slight ramble I didn't know.

"Thanks," I replied, taking the hair tie and combing my hair with my fingers into a semi-presentable ponytail. "Just out of curiosity though, why do you even have a hair tie? You just don't seem the type to own one is all, after all, your hair isn't exactly long." I asked, my eyebrows knitting together as I gestured to his hair.

I saw Regulus' features pull down into a frown, "It was Sirius'," my nose scrunched up in distaste at that but said nothing, "I found it in my trunk and was going to give it back because I have no use for it since I don't let my hair grow to such a, a ridiculous length and—" He cut himself off and took a deep breath before shaking his head, "I apologize, I don't know what came over me."

I observed Regulus from the corner of my eye for a moment before just letting out a hum. We continued the rest of the walk in silence, each lost in our thoughts. As we reached the pitch, Regulus gave me a nod and a small smile.

"Good luck." He said before heading off in the direction of some other Slytherins in his year. I just turned around, heading towards Madam Hooch who was stood on the in the middle of the pitch.

"Come to cheer me on, Fawley?" An irritating voice piped up from behind me and I held back a groan.

"In your dreams, Potter." I answered, not bothering to stop walking since Potter was definitely not worth my time and I didn't want a repeat of the other day.

"I don't think anybody has ever had a dream with you in it. You're more nightmare material to be totally honest." He swiftly countered, I could actually hear his fucking smirk and it took everything in me to not hit him over the head with the broomstick that I saw form peripheral vision that he was carrying. "You know, you're not a great conversationalist and—"

Thankfully, Dumb and Dumber chose that moment to be banshees, "James-we don't know your middle name-Potter! Stop being a fuckboy and come be the goddamn QUIDDITCH CAPTAIN!"

"Sounds like your mindless minions are calling. Goodbye, Potter." I stated before continuing my trek to Madam Hooch, hearing him muttering under his breath and running toward his fellow Gryffindors.