Chapter 1 - Trains, Catch Ups, and Surprises

James smiled as he arrived at Platform 9 ¾, although he had seen the Marauders in holidays, he was still excited to see them again, to cause more mischief, of course. He looked around the platform from where he was stood, being tall has its benefits, until he saw a head of black, well-tamed hair about to board the train.

"Padfoot!" James hollered over the noise of the students boarding the train, said male turned his head and the sound of his nickname. He waved as James pushed through the crowds to get to his friend. When James reached him, they made their way onto the train and into their usual compartment.

As they walked in they were greeted by the sound of Peter Pettigrew's voice, "Hey Padfoot, Prongs." James and Sirius both greeted their friend. As soon as they sat down they started plotting what heir first prank of the term was going to be. Whilst they were throwing around ideas, the door to the compartment slid open and Remus Lupin walked in, a smile on his face and greeted his friends.

"So, Remus what do you think about exploding ca—" Sirius began, asking Remus' opinion on his idea for the start of term prank.

"I just  walked in and you're already asking me about pranks?" Remus interrupted looking exasperated, but amusement was clear on his face.

"Duh!" The other three Marauders chorused. The werewolf rolled his eyes and once again questioned his choice in friends.

"Exploding cake is too predictable besides we already did it in third year." Remus replied to the earlier question. The others sighed in response but quickly started planning more possible pranks until the compartment doo once again slid open.

"Hey, Remus, is there a prefects meeting today?" the ginger haired Gryffindor known as Lily Evans asked.

"Um...no I don't think there is," Remus responded unsurely, trying to recall what McGonagall had said before the break, "No, there isn't."

"Ok, thanks Remus. Bye." Lily said slightly confused that James hadn't asked her out yet, however, she shook it off and continued down the corridor to the compartment her friends where sat in.

Meanwhile in the Marauder's compartment, Sirius, Peter and Remus stared in shock at James. James, upon noticing these looks furrowed his eyebrows, face morphing into a confused expression.

"What? Does my hair look bad?" James cluelessly inquired, hands reaching up to fix his mop of dark hair. Sirius snorted and muttered, "It always looks bad." This earned him a swift quick to the shin from James.

"James, mate, you feeling alright?" Peter cautiously queried.

After seeing James still confused, Remus elaborated. "What he means, Prongs, is that Lily Evans  just came in here and you didn't  ask her out." He said this slowly, as though he were talking to a small child; in all honesty, he might as well have been.

"Um, I didn't ask her out because I'm over her."

At this statement Peter spat out the water he was drinking, showering James in it.

"WHAT?!  WHEN?!  HOW?! " Remus and Sirius screeched, sounding like a pair of Banshees.

"Why the fuck  did you spit water on me?" James screeched back.

"Well, I'm sorry! It's not like you TOLD ME YOU WERE OVER EVANS!" Peter yelled back. Remus merely pinched the bridge of his nose, feeling the oncoming migraine.

"Why don't you lot scream a little louder, I don't think Merlin heard you." Remus said trying to quieten his friends down, however such a task was near impossible. As predicted they continued to scream and yell.

"Could you keep it down? I can hear practically hear you from the other end of the train." A venomous voice rang out in the compartment, ceasing the boys' argument. The Marauders looked up to see the scowling face of Adelaide.

"Fawley." Sirius spat with more venom than a viper, his face transforming into one of disgust.

"Black." The brunette said with the same amount of distaste and disgust coating her voice. The two had a short stare off before Adelaide moved her attention onto the others in that carriage. "People are complaining about all the noise you're making, so I advise you shut up before your throats get ripped out."

"You really have a thing for ripping out people's throats, don't you?" James questioned without really thinking.

"Some people just make me feel homicidal." Adelaide replied without hesitation.

"You shouldn't self harm." James said smirking proudly. Remus merely covered his face with his hands in complete and utter embarrassment.

"That's suicide dipshit, homicide is the murder of other  people, i.e. you. Lupin, make sure your friends keep it down." James' neck began to turn a slight red shade, causing Adelaide to smirk.

"Yeah, ok, sorry about them." Remus replied still feeling embarrassed for his friend. Adelaide simply nodded her head and walked out the compartment, leaving the door wide open. A few moments later she heard angry grumbling and the sound of the door slamming. Her smirk widened momentarily before dropping back into a neutral expression as she entered her compartment to finish her book, in peace.