"You good?" He asks watching me, I grit my teeth and nod, "where the hell are we?" I ask looking around at the unfamiliar place. "Portland Oregon." He shrugs. "And how did we-"

"You were lucky enough to arrive in a private flight piloted by yours truly, oh you would've been super impressed by my flying skills but I'd already snapped your neck." He tells me pulling his backpack out of the trunk, "speaking off, why did you snap my neck?" I ask as I crack it to provide some relief, making him wince at the loud sound. "You weren't gonna come with me and I didn't wanna come alone, I've been alone long enough." He shrugged shutting the trunk as he began to walk, it was weird because his words didn't affect me but I felt something flicker in me at the tone, I pushed it down and began to follow him.

"Do you even know where thing one hid her magic." I'm pretty certain I know where but I want to eat first." I knew there would be no point in arguing with him on this so I decided to just go with it. I began to take another step when my whole body, just like shut down making me collapse to the ground in pain. "Woah what's wrong?" Kai asks quickly making his way over to me, "blood, I've not had blood and I'm starting to desiccate." I tell him struggling to move anything. "Desiccate? Like your beginning to rot?" He asks helping me up. "You could say that." I groan leaning against him. 

He then proceeds to scoop me up into his arms and continue walking. "Kai, what are you doing? I can walk." I ask looking up at him, "if I let you walk we'll get to the house by next week." He teases as we approach his home. He stops on the porch and sighs, "Ah. Memories. Pitter-patter of little siblings' feet, witchy-woo, chanting in the air, mom and dad calling me an abomination." I look at him but he slushy shrugs.

He goes to walk in when that annoying barrier stops me. He tries again only for me to hit the barrier again, "ow, you need to invite me in." I grumble my side sore from the bashing. "Oh right, you can come in." We enter the house with ease and Kai sets me down.

I stumble and so he wraps his arm around my waist as I put my head in the crook of his neck.

I feel the pain in my gums as I try to fight my fangs from coming out. I move backwards as I fight the urge to rip his throat out. "Your eyes." I can hear the shock in his voice, "yes that happens when I'm hungry." I say thorough gritted teeth as I stop breathing through my nose. "Kai you need to move away from me." I tell him as I move out of his grip.

"What, why?" He looks at me confused, "because if you don't I'll end up feeding off of you." I tell him, I don't really care about feeding off of him but my mind is telling me that if I do, when I eventually flip my switch back I'm not going to be able to handle it if I end up killing him.

"You can feed off of me." He shrugs carefree. My mind tells me no but my throat tells me yes, the hunger was really winning the fight and so I gave in. I put one hand on one side of his neck and the other on his shoulder, before I leaned close and sunk my teeth into his neck. He took a sharp breath in at the pain as I moaned feeling so much better, his blood was so sweet and warm, even though I'd taken enough I found it difficult to stop until I heard him groan in pain.

Quickly pulling away I looked at his pale face in worry, I didn't want to kill him. I quickly bit into my wrist and offered it to him, he looked at me confused, "I'm not the vampire here." He told me cracking a smile, "it'll heal you." His eyebrows raise. I have to bite in to my wrist again as it had already healed but he takes my hand tentatively and holds it up to his mouth and hesitantly begins to drink once he's healed he pushes my arm away gently, a grimace on his face. "That tasted weird." He says wiping his face as I wipe mine. I notice all the blood that I had left on his neck, I clean it for him.

"Ok so why did you want to stop off here?" I ask looking around the hallway which is covered in bloodstains, "Because I can finally show it to someone. My coven goes out of their way to make sure no one finds us, but since they're not here to be paranoid freak shows, mi casa es su casa. Come on." He says leading me to the kitchen. "Plus today's special."

"What's so special about today?" I ask settling into one of the chairs at the table as he makes his way to the cupboards and fridge. "I've been counting eclipses since I was imprisoned on this empty planet, and according to my running tally, I've been here for 6,771 supernaturally repeating days, so in the real world, which we'll hopefully get back to even though your friends left us here with no way out, today's my favorite day of the year." He explains, "and what day is that?" I ask leaning my head in the palm of my hand as I watch him rummage through stuff, he turns to shoot me a smile, "Thanksgiving, and I'm cooking you dinner."

"I'm not really that hungry." I shrug watching the excitement on his face dim a bit, "don't ruin my favourite day of the year like that Thea. I want us to have a nice thanksgiving dinner." He says, I roll my eyes but give in, "fine fine we'll have a nice meal, find thing one's magic and then figure out a way out of here, happy?" I ask giving him a sarcastic smile, "very."