"Yeah, I think so," Harry nodded as if to reassure himself.

"What kind is he having you do?"

"Um, using my emotions. At least that's what I got from what he was telling me,"  Draco shrugged as well. Harry transferred his gaze from the Slytherin to the dancing flames. Flames that looked like dragons.

"Me- Emrys, Emrys enchanted the fire to look like flying dragons.  He said it was boring to watch the fire grow in one direction," awe in his voice even as he snorted, shaking his head. Harry had to laugh with Draco, not catching the Professor's small smile.

"That sounds about right," Harry said once he calmed down enough, wiping to mirth from his eyes. For the next half hour, Harry found himself enjoying Malfoy's company more than he thought he would.

Eventually, people started turning up as they set up the room starting with Hermione and Ron who turned to help.

"Er...I guess we can start," Harry muttered to himself once everyone was here.

"We'll start with the basics, today. Get a feel for how far along you are," Harry said. He had them separate into four groups and rotate between different spells, mainly Expelliarmus, Accio, Protego, and Stupify. 

The good news was that everyone knew the basics but the spells weren't very powerful. Most of the Protego shields tended to shatter quickly, protecting them from flung pencils but not much more, Stupify merely stunned them for a few seconds and did not push them back. Half the wands didn't even disarm the opposing wizards and witches with Expelliarmus. Accio was the only one that seemed to be fine, but those were charm spells and this was mainly for the defense of dark magic.

They had a lot of work to do.

Harry had the groups working on Expelliarmus, the simplest spell of the four. Harry glanced at the clock and calculated that there was not much time before curfew, forty minutes at most. Harry, Hermione, Ron, Draco, and Professor Emrys walked around the room, helping the others adjust where needed.

There was a tweeting sound, making everyone stare in the direction of the clock. It was a cuckoo clock, now that Harry looked closer. He wasn't fond of them, but it was helpful in knowing when to stop so as not to get caught out by Mrs. Norris and Filch.

"Well, that was pretty good," said Harry, "we'd better leave it here. Same time, same place next week?"

"Sooner!' said Dean Thomas eagerly and many people nodded in agreement.

Angelina quickly said, "The Quidditch season's about to start, we need team practices too!"

"Let's say next Wednesday night, then," said Harry. "We can decide on additional meetings then. Come on, we'd better get going."

He pulled out the Marauder's Map again and checked it carefully for signs of teachers on the seventh floor. He let them all leave in threes and fours, watching their tiny dots anxiously to see that they returned safely to their dormitories. This continued until it was only Harry, Hermione, Ron, and Draco. The professor had just left. Harry glanced down at the map one last time to find Emrys, no first name, only last. Confused, Harry called the others over, making sure that he wasn't seeing things and hoping the map wasn't broken.

"That's strange," Hermione commented, and Harry had to agree. Ron had nodded his head but Draco had yet to say anything.

"Maybe it's broken?" Ron suggests but Hermione shakes her head.