the unknown voice

I woke up from a dreamless sleep. I look at the time on my phone again.

05:23 AM Saturday.

It was strange because I didn't woke up this early
before. I couldn't sleep
anymore so I decided to get out of bed. I took a shower and put on some clothes. I put on a white, long sleeved shirt with black jeans and sneakers. I tried my best to put on some make-up to hide that black eye and, thankfully, it worked. I brushed my hair and gone to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

I've gone downstairs and ate an apple I took from the fridge seemingly I'm not that hungry. I brought a piece of paper and wrote a letter to my parents:

"Out for a walk. Be back later.

~(Y/N) xoxo"

I put it on the fridge door with a magnet and gone out with my phone and wallet in my pocket.

I've decided to visit the park for a little while and stopped at one tree, facing the playground. I looked at the children playing around with a smile on their faces and laughter as they play.
" I wonder what it is like to have a friend." You whispered to yourself, thinking back to my childhood and wonder why no one liked me. I then heard a deep and raspy voice coming from behind,"Don't you have any friends?" I jumped a little in surprise. "W-who's this?" I stuttered as I looked behind me. There was nothing to be seen. "Hehe... I'm afraid I can not tell you yet. Hmm... What is  your name?" It asked, waiting for an answer as I contemplated whether or not to say my name. "Is there something wrong?", It asked. "N-no... It's just... I don't know you..." I replied. "Everyone is afraid of the unknown kiddo. I would understand." The voice said. I was quiet for a bit till I introduced myself," M-My name is (Y/N).", I managed to say. The voice was quiet till it spoke again.
"(Y/N)... What a wonderful name." It said as it said my name with a light tone in it's voice. "Th-thank you." I stuttered as a light pink appeared on my cheeks. It took notice and replied with,"Well you're quite welcome."

I started to feel comfortable and kinda liked this unknown voice. I just wish I could know it's name. Soon I had to leave and said goodbye. It was nice to talk to someone that doesn't think of me different like the others. I had a craving for something sweet so I stopped at a candy shop. I bought myrself some lollypops, jellybeans, gummy bears and last but not least (F/S), my favourite, all in one bag. I payed for the candy and gave a tip. As I walked out I heard loud music coming closer. I recognise that sound and looked for a car. To my dread, I saw the popular kids coming my way. I panicked and started to run, hoping they didn't see me, but it was too late. I ran as fast as I could and took a turn into the woods. I heard a crowd of footsteps from behind. They were chasing me.

As I ran deeper in the woods, I eventually saw a cabin. It felt familiar." Why do I feel like it happened before?" I thought to myself. I ran up to the cabin and opened the door. I came in and look for a place to hide. I heard footsteps behind me.... Too late. I look back to see my bullies. They had a grin on their faces and the popular girl came in as the others made a path for her. She smirked when she saw me, trapped with no way out.. "Well ,well... You have been like a pain in my neck. It's time to get like rid of you and teach everyone that no one like stands up to me." She growled at me as I took a step back. She then took a knife out of her pocket as she grinned."W-What are you going to do with that?!" I stuttered in panic. She looked at me in
confusion and looked at the knife," I'm going to eat like an apple you dumb nut! It's not like I'll kill someone I don't like." She then smiled as she sliced a piece of her apple off and ate it," Too bad you won't be able to be like around much longer haha." I was not entirely sure what she meant by that, but it didn't sound good. I was trembling in fear as I saw a male walk up to me. He grabbed me by the shirt that lifted me from the ground as I dropped the bag of candy that was in my hands to the ground, to hold on to his arm. I kicked around and eventually hit something. The guy groaned as he slightly kneel down. Whatever he was contemplating, he is sure about beating me now. He got up again and held a fist, ready to strike,"YOU PEACE OF CRAP!" He shouted and I closed my eyes. I was too afraid to look and expected an impact to hit my face. "This is gonna hurt." I thought to myself. I then felt the hand let go of me as I fell to my knees with my eyes, still closed. I heard horrific screams coming from them and a loud THUD. Just like the nightmare I had last night! Now I remember!

I was still shaking. I slowly opened my eyes and saw corpses of my bullies, motionless on the floor and blood against the wall. There were gashes on their necks and stomachs. I held a hand in front of my mouth. Terrified of the sight I saw. I slowly turned my gaze to see the tall figure from my dream in front of me. Long arms, messy hair, his nose shaped as a cone, and darkness that I only saw the shape of it. I was speechless, and sat there on the floor as I stare at it, like a doll on display. It turned it's gaze to me. The same glowing white eyes as in the dream. I couldn't move and was frozen in fear. It soften it's expression with it's eyes and slowly came closer. My heart felt like it was about to jump out of my chest with every step it took. I started to breathe heavily till it's white orbs looked into my (E/C) eyes.

I then felt light headed and the cabin was spinning. My vision blurred as my head hit the ground. "You're save now, guess I'll see you soon kiddo." The familiar, raspy voice spoke and that was the last thing I heard before it all went black.