.CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT.

Start from the beginning

Frank put his hands on Gerard's hips, just above where the skirt started, and smiled.

"I told you you'd look adorable, and have I ever been wrong?" Frank asked as he continued to grin at Gerard.

Gerard bit his lip and nodded, "Yeah you have, remember that one time you said you could flip and catch two beer bottles at once?"

"Okay so I was wrong once, big deal." Frank muttered, making Gerard laugh.

"You were also wrong another time." Gerard mumbled, lazily putting his head in the crook of Frank's neck.

"When?" Frank asked with a raised eyebrow.

"When you said you loved me more than I love you." Gerard mumbled softly, placing a chaste kiss on his scorpion tattoo.

"Hold the fuck up."

Gerard just laughed for the umpteenth time.

- -

Gerard was having a fucking crisis.

He couldn't fucking decide whether he had no clothes- or just no suitable clothes. What did someone typically wear when they met their partner's parents? Gerard had also to account for the fact that it would be Thanksgiving too.

"Stop worrying so much, Gee." Frank said as Gerard paced around his bedroom, throwing clothes in every direction.

"Frank, that's literally who I am! I'm the worrier- would you tell the fucking sky to stop being so blue?" Gerard said as he threw a pair of blue wash jeans on the ground in frustration.

He didn't have anything nice enough to impress Frank's family, and it was really biting him in the ass. They were meant to leave that evening and spend the night in Frank's childhood home, so that they could celebrate Thanksgiving with everyone the next day, and then they would drive back to the city later that day.

Gerard was actually way too busy wanting to shoot himself in the right kidney to even begin worrying about his dinner etiquette or if he should call Frank's parents "Mr" and "Ms" or by their first names— and what if they didn't like his hair? Red is such a bold colour, would they think he was immature? The longer Gerard thought about it, the more he realised that God he couldn't breath.

Gerard turned around from his closet with a pout, "I need help."

Frank's eyes softened and he got up from Gerard's unmade bed to hug Gerard. Gerard frowned when Frank pulled back slightly, staring at him with a half smile.

"Why're you stressing so much over your clothes?" Frank asked quietly, watching Gerard closely.

Gerard swallowed and looked down, "Well, what if your parents think I'm stupid? I have to have something to fall back on.. and if it can't be my clothes then I may as well declare myself a failure now."

Frank looked at him for a second before bursting out into laughter, making Gerard's frown deepen.

"The fact that you're laughing at me isn't helping me feel better." Gerard mumbled, and Frank immediately stopped, instead biting his lip to keep his giggles internal.