I open the door and am met with a very happy looking Vanessa. Her cheeks were brighter and her face lighter. She looked so excited and yet, a little tired. You could see she hadn't gotten much sleep lately, and I felt bad knowing I was the reasoning behind that. 

"Hey, how was he?" She asks as I let her into the penthouse. She gasps a little as she sees Harry but gives me a smirk. The action makes my cheeks go red and I shake my head at her to assure her it's not like that. 

I would never date the playboy known as Harry Styles.

"He was great. Um, he's asleep on the couch." I lead her towards the room and Harry follows behind her. 

Sure enough, he was dead asleep on the couch, still looking the way I left him. He was cute, no doubt about it and Vanessa instantly melted over what he looked like. She picked him up slowly so that she didn't wake him up. The baby bag was on her shoulder as she carried him towards the door. 

"Come in late tomorrow okay? 10:30 yea? You can tell me about your evening tomorrow." I whisper to her and she nods her head. 

"Yea, that sounds lovely. Thank you." She mouths at the end and I lightly close the door. 

When I turn around, I expect to see Harry, only he's not standing behind me anymore. His presence is gone, but I know he's still in the penthouse. He didn't leave, I would have seen him. 

"Harry?" I call out and luckily he replies. 

"I'm in your living room!" 

I follow where his voice is coming from and look at the couch. He's laying there with his feet kicked up on the table with his shoes placed nicely beside the couch. His arms are behind his head as he nods it, motioning me to sit down on the couch across from him. 

I feel my nerves getting to me again. My palms get slightly sweaty and my heartbeat picks up pace again. He stares straight ahead of him, towards the big window of the city. His lips roll together once before he turns his head towards me and relaxes his arms at his sides. 

"So why are you here?" I question again. 

"You never called me after you left the event." His eyes bore into mine, and I feel like a child getting scolded by their parents. 

"I didn't want to bother you. It was late when Chace left and I didn't want you involved anymore than you already where." I shake my head at him and he gives me a frown. 

"Normally, I wouldn't want to be in that sort of mess, but I am sort of the reason you guys broke up. So when I gave you my number, I wish you would have called me like I suggested." 

"You said if I needed you. I didn't call you, because I didn't need you. What I needed was time and space away from people." I argue back. 

"Yea, and look where that's gotten you? Today was the first time you left the house. You didn't even celebrate Thanksgiving! You were in your penthouse all day, by yourself. And doing what? Crying to yourself because some stupid asshole cheated on you?" His vein in his neck was popping out again as he yelled. I cowered back into the couch. His words hit me like a knife and I lost everything in me to continue on with the fight. 

"Who would I have spent Thanksgiving with? If you hadn't realized yet, or remembered, my families dead. I don't have anyone anymore. So excuse me, for crying over the fact that I lost another person that I love." I feel that burning sensation in my eyes, and I blink a few times to get rid of the tears. His face is full of regret, obviously not understanding he hit a rough spot. 

"Bethany-" He starts but I cut him off. 

"Save it. If all you came here for was to yell at me, and make me feel even worse, than congratulations. You succeeded." I stand up off the couch and walk out onto the balcony. 

I hear him get up and come after me. His breathing his loud and you can here him sigh a few times. His eyes were staring at me. I was turned around, and I could still feel his eyes burning, no, seering into my back.

When his hand wraps around my bicept, and turns me around, I gasp a bit. His arms pull me straight into his chest, craddling my head with one hand and soothing my back with the other. I let the tears I've been holding in all day fall and wrap my arms around his torso too. 

"I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry." He murmurs and I nod my head. I pull back and look him in the eye. 

"You're right though. I hate to admit that, but you're right. I'm sitting here crying over a guy who stayed with me because he didn't want to hurt me, yet all he did was make things so much worse by cheating on me. Why would I be crying over him?" 

"You'll move on. It'll take time, but you'll move on." 

There's an small silence before I look up at him. His eyes widen as they look at my face. I swallow hard, not really knowing how to take in the look he just gave me. His breathing becomes heavier and more shallow. Mine follows exactly what his is doing. 

"Sometimes, we just need a distraction." He whispers and his head comes closer to mine. 

"Let me be your distraction." He breathes out and I feel myself give in for some reason. 

I nod my head, and his lips crash onto mine.