Chapter 76

Bethany's POV

After settling with my lawyers and my decision on how to proceed on with the case, I decided taking the rest of the day off with Harry would be the best idea. I needed a break after that. It was intense and the entire time I had to make sure I didn't cry.

There were so many horrible memories I didn't want to think about. I knew the trial was going to get out soon, seeing as the police had already arrested Katherine Galvin and taken her into custody. We were set for Court in one week, and I was practically shitting my pants.

There was no way in hell she'd get out of this. When my lawyers and the chief of the police department had seen the tattoo in the picture and the new picture of Katherine's hand sent from the police station, they both said I had the case in the bag. I knew I had the case in the bag. There was no way she could get out of it.

Everyone was about to be up my ass. Press was going to be crazy and questions would be flying up everywhere. I guess I needed to tell Harry before he found out from a magazine.

I took my time getting in the elevator of my apartment building nerves were at an all time high right now. This was bigger than any romantic drama id ever had. This was angering and it just really didn't make me happy.

The murderer was right under my nose the entire time and I had missed it over and over again. It was infuriating and frustrating and every ounce of calm in my body was completely gone. I couldn't handle my emotions right now because there was literally nothing in my body left, except frustration. The tears streaming down my face as I made my way towards the front door of my apartment weren't going anywhere soon.

I didn't know if Harry was here, or if he had left. I didn't care. I wanted to be in the comfort of my own home again- whether that be alone or with him.

When the door slammed shut, it felt like my entire body had just given up. My back was pressed against the door as my body sat on the ground of my foyer. I could feel my head roll back and rest against the surface behind me, but the tears still streamed down my face, even as I closed my eyes.

"Hell, I've been frantic about you! Where have you- Oh, oh my God." His voice didn't make me feel any better at this point. I was too far gone to want to feel better. I had been keeping my tears about my parents in for too long. I had a right to let them out, and I using the right, right now.

"Love, why are you crying. Talk to me." His hands hold my face, a soothing tone coming from his voice- it still didn't help.

I took in a deep breath, but somewhere in between, the air seemed to get stuck in my throat. I was practically gasping for air because I was crying so hard. It'd been so long since I'd cried like this. It was such a foreign feeling, it scared me shitless.

"I know." It's all I can get out, before I have to swallow and get rid of whatever nonsense was blocking my throat.

He looked horrified, kneeling in front of me with nothing but his underwear. His eyes were full of worry, and his hands were shaking as he held my face. He thought he'd done something I assumed.

"Know what?"

"I know-" Deep breath. "I know who killed my parents."

He didn't say anything after that. Instead, it there was this look of determination on his face. He let go of my face, letting his hands slowly trace down the sides of my body, then my legs, and stopping at my feet. His rough hands had pulled my nude heels off, dropping them next to where he was kneeling. Then, he moved so that he was perpendicular to where I was sitting before he hooked one arm under my knees and the other behind my back. I knew what he was doing, and yet, I was still shocked when he stood up with me in his arms without the smallest shake.