8

Brooklyn

Waking up, I found myself laying on a bed. Not the comfy couch I was on last night with Hank, but a bed. Scanning the room, I found myself in Hank's bedroom. Glancing at the clock on the nightstand, I found myself wide awake at 7:30. Shaking my head slightly, I made my way out of the room quietly.

Softly making my way downstairs, I saw Hank sleeping on the couch. Stepping into the kitchen, I searched through all the cabinets, and the fridge for ingredients to make breakfast. I got to repay that man somehow, and I heard food is a good way to get into a man's heart.

Throwing my hair into a pony tail, I made as little noise as I could, not wanting to fully disrupt the sleeping Sergeant. Whisking the pancake batter, I pour some into the hot pan. Not really paying attention to anything around me, I had no clue Hank had woken up.

Placing the done pancakes onto a plate, I turned around to get the batter and jumped in surprised. Hank was leaning against the wall, a smile on his face. "I hope I didn't make noise, I wanted you to sleep". His deep chuckle caused a small blush to form on my cheeks.

Coming closer to wear I was, he pulled me into a hug, placing a kiss on my forehead. Releasing me so I could continue making pancakes, I saw him steal one. Playfully smacking his hand, laughter burst throughout the kitchen. "You can wait 5 minutes"

Once I finished cooking, I sat next to him at the table, enjoying how easy it was talking to him. I have never felt more relaxed with somebody, especially with a man. I was going to start washing dishes since I made the mess, but he grabbed the sponge from my hand,and "forced" me out of the kitchen.

"Go get ready, you are coming with me to the station", opening my mouth to argue about letting me do the dishes, he silenced me by placing a small kiss on my cheek. "I got the dishes. Giving into the older man's charms and demands, I walked up the stairs.

Unknown to me the Hazel eyed sergeant was smiling madly. It has been a long time since he has had someone care for him the same way his late wife Camille did. The idea of someone actually caring for the rough, violent sergeant, made his heart swoon.

Quickly changing into something comfortable and easy, I tucked the USB drive into a hidden pocket in my athletic leggings. Brushing my teeth and my hair, I ventured downstairs. Watching the man I was starting to fall for walk upstairs to get ready, I made coffee for the two of us. 

Pouring the hot liquid into travel mugs that I have found, the second I closed the lids, a hand intertwined with mine. "You don't have to do this Brooke". Winking at the sergeant and grabbing my travel mug, I gave him a smile. 

"I wanted to" 

Leaving the Voight house and safely making it to the precinct without any road rage incidents, I stepped out of the SUV. Instantly connecting our hands, we bounded up the steps of the 21st, a small wave of security hit me. Giving the desk sergeant a smile, Hank softly tugged on my arm to follow him. 

Stepping into the lair where Intelligence lives, smiles were thrown my way. Sliding my hand out of Hank's, Kim threw her arms around me. Chuckling into the brunette girls neck, I squeezed her tightly. Stepping away from one another, I found myself back at Hank's side. Motioning towards his office, I gave him an understanding nod. 

Getting high fives by the others as I walked down the aisle, I plopped myself in Hank's chair. Comfiness instantly surrounded me the instant I sat down. Now i know why he didn't leave his office the entire time i was here coding. Being completely honest, I wouldn't want to get up either. 

Shutting the door behind him, he chuckled at me sitting in his chair, sipping my coffee. "Now I know why you don't leave this office. This chair is really comfortable". Sitting on the edge of his desk, he looked at me. 

"Well I do have some responsibilities as sergeant you know." Laughing softly at him, he laid a hand on my cheek, stroking it slowly. "Especially know that you were attacked. Brooklyn I need you to call that client of yours, he needs to know what's going on"

Sighing softly, I leaned my head into his hand. "I don't even know what to say. I can't get sued or fired for this right? I need this job Hank". 

Holding my hand in his, he looked straight into my eyes. "I can't promise you that, but what I can promise Brooke is that if you do get fired, you can work here in Intelligence". Furrowing my eyebrow, I looked at him confused. "There is always a job opening for someone with tech skills. Tracking down leads is a lot of work, someone with your expertise would help us catch bad guys a lot quicker"

Standing up from the comfy office chair, I hugged him. This man truly does care. "Thank you". Kissing his cheek, I pulled out my phone, nerves starting to get the better of me. Rubbing a hand up and down my back, I hit the call button. 

Although Hank technically wasn't supposed to listen in on the conversation, I wanted him there. It was his case. When men come waltzing into office building with guns, wanting to get their hands on classified data, it was his job to solve it. 

Throughout the entire call, my mind kept repeating the words Hank said to me. Maybe working for Intelligence wouldn't be a bad thing. I can actually put my skills to use and help make the streets of Chicago a little bit safer. 

Author Note

It is a little weird to be writing a Hank Voight fanfiction but I kinda like it. Hank is one of my favorite characters and for him to finally have a chance at love after his wife Camille died of cancer,  it kind of feel like an honor to be doing it. 

Of course I don't own any of the Chicago franchises, and some of the cases that I write are based off the ones in the show. Other than that, I am writing my own kind of cases. Hopefully you guys like Brooklyn and Hank because I love them. 

Pictures