ANTARDVAND : The War On The Inside

BLURB

BLURB

A Father is neither an anchor to hold us back nor a sail to take us there, but a guiding light whose love shows us the way.’

But what happens when the guiding light refuses to bestow the love upon us? Do we lose our way? Do we never reach where we are destined to be?

The moment she stepped in this world, he had assumed that she wasn’t the one who could fulfill his dreams. Overpassing what she was, he lingered his thoughts and actions on what she wasn’t.

But the way he realized what she actually meant to him was something he had never imagined even in his wildest dreams. These feeling, so foreign to him, had left his entire being completely haywire.

ANTARDVAND is a tale of the war he had to fight inside of his own self as all that he had learnt ever since his childhood clashes with these feelings… and what finally wins over!

~°~°~

"Nature intended women to be our slaves

"Nature intended women to be our slaves. They are our property.”

“Women need to be disciplined, controlled and put in their place.”

“Women should stay at home and speak only when asked to.”

These were few of his father’s misogynistic views that made their way into his head even before Raghvendra could realize and became an inseparable part of his life. For all his life, he had believed that men were superior, stronger than women.

But today, it was different. Never in his life had he felt so weak, helpless, and vulnerable as he was feeling right now. And the one who made him so fragile was a WOMAN.

A woman whom he had known ever since the day she was born, whom he had never come to acknowledge, let alone love.

As his fingers screeched against the mirror of hospital room’s door, he finally gathered courage to look inside. And there she was, lying almost lifeless. Bruised. Battered. Bandages all soaked in blood.

Every morning, she would come up to him, touch his feet and greet him with a little smile, “Good morning, Papa.” All she expected was… maybe a smile in return. He didn’t know, for he had never asked what his daughter wanted, nor had she asked for anything ever. Instead, he would just pull his feet away from her touch and walk away.

Raghvendra always wished for a son to carry on their ancestors’ legacy, but the day Avni was born, all his dreams and wishes came to an abrupt impasse.

Oh, how he wished to change it all now! He had never regretted his acts as much as he did now. Maybe if he would have taken a moment to look at her scared being when she entered the house, the way she kept looking behind her every now and then, things might had been different. Maybe then she would have gathered courage to tell him about these guys threatening her incessantly.

Hearing her heart wrenching scream again, an excruciating pain hauled at his heart making him clutch the fabric against his chest. A sob escaped his constricted throat as her scream reverberated in his ears from the moment that acid was thrown on her face… right in front of him. And he wasn’t able to do anything.

And that was when someone wiped away his tears he didn’t even know had rolled down his cheeks.

“Don’t cry, Papa! My Avni is a fighter. I know she will make it”, said the man Avni wished to marry. Raghvendra had never liked the idea of Saurabh being his son-in-law, as he thought men and women were equal but today he found him the strongest for he had the courage to stand with the one he loved.

That day, Raghvendra prayed for a woman!

He wished to tell her how lucky he was to have her, that how he would protect her with all he had. He would tell her that women were in no way inferior. And if needed, they could be much stronger than a man could ever be.

---------------------- 

A/N

Hello everyone!

This is my entry for the Drabble contest being hosted by The Gloss Club ( The_Gloss_Club polymath_land). The topic of this week's contest is MISOGYNIST.

It’s been so long that I have written something. Since, this is the first story I’ve written after my marriage, I hope I haven’t lost my touch with story writing and I hope you all will like it.

See you all soon. Till then, stay blessed and happy reading!

With love,
Stella ❤️

------------------

RESULT

🏆 Winner 🏆