March - Fanfic/Fanart inspo

Start from the beginning

"That's someone from the outside!" Fu exclaimed with excitement.

Like one man, the crew gathered around Hinata who, completely lost, didn't know where to start thinking. Without her noticing it, the blond let go of her and the others pulled her and sat her by the fire. They gave her water to drink, food and even their whole attention: they wanted to know what happened to her. In front of so much kindness, she felt much more comfortable and she told them her woes.

"These eddies are deadly" Roshi affirmed

"It's indeed surprising you survived." Yagura noticed.

"One less body drowning in the sea." Gaara gloomy muttered

"Maybe it's luck!" Han exclaimed

"Of course since only the captain can sail on this sea" Killer B reminded.

"That means" Yugito continued "We'll surely go back sailing on the sea if we have to bring back this poor child to her home!"

"You... You will really bring me back home?" Hinata asked with a teary voice.

"Of course we will." Utakata assured her. "But let's think about that tomorrow after a good feast and a good night sleep."

The new expedition's anticipation agitated them a little bit more and, while they continued their talk, Hinata glanced towards the habitation she had searched but not once Naruto came out of it. Good, she thought, he was making her quite uncomfortable and after having regained hope, she wouldn't like to ruin her good mood.

However, the next day didn't go as planned since Naruto refused to cross the eddies at that period of the year, disappointing his crew and also Hinata.

«"The whirlpools are too dangerous. We'll wait for the ocean current to calm down like every year. And my decision is final." He added towards his companions who had tried to argue. »

"I don't understand." One day, Hinata exploded while the girls were plaiting palm tree leaves to make baskets. "Why does he refuse to leave the island? Why does he never go out of his cabin? Why does he never help you with the work? Why do you always obey to his orders?"

Once they glanced at each other, Fu and Yugito - on their little wooden seat - came closer to the young girl to whisper to her ear.

"Once upon a time, the Uzumaki were a formidable family of pirates on seas. They had dozens of ships and thousands of men under their commands." Yugito started.

"Of course, Naruto didn't make the exception to the custom and as soon as he could hold a sabre, he joined the main crew, the one executing his maternal grandmother's orders."

"Women can really be pirates?" Hinata was surprised.

"Of course and Mito and Kushina were the most populars until Naruto reveals his power."

"His power" the young girl repeated as she thought of his red eyes.

"Our captain can control the ocean current. You can imagine it brought admiration as well as fear among the Uzumaki's enemies. All their ships could be twice as fast as other ships and of course, the sea was affected by that phenomena." Fu was marvelled. "Thanks to this and his talent for piracy, he rapidly made a name for himself."

"Unfortunately" Yugito cut. "At their return from their journey around the world to Uzushio, he lost control and the eddies around the island were ravaging. The whole fleet was shock but the worst was the main galleon, with on board the Uzumaki family, which sank.

A shiver went down Hinata's spine as flashes of herself tossed, powerless and suffocating under water came back in mind. Her heart squeezed as she thought that Naruto must have felt far worse than her since he had always been able to control the eddies of the waters around here. Yet, that very day, he killed his whole family.