Entering the Light

Ok so wierdly enough I'm basing this story off of a dream I had. It was filled with videogame characters. Idk why but it was, so if you see any wierd names then you can guess they are from a video game. lol enjoy!

The pic of Aaron Johnson is what I thought Link should look like :)

DISCLAIMER: I do not own any of the videogame character names.

^^^^^ that was just in case lol!

'Here ya go!! :)

______________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 2

POV: Jade

I stared at the unmade bed my best friend hasn't slept in for over a week. Where is she? Is she ok? I tapped my foot on the floor nervously. I need to do something, I can't just sit here and do nothing. I don't care that Mrs. Perkins called the police and were looking for her at this very moment. I didn't care about anything. I haven't eaten, or slept, what if she was kidnapped. Nah... if they took her... they'd only bring her back. She's a handful. I don't think she's hurt, she's really tough, she can take care of herself.

She had to have gone on a walk... the window was open. Did she get lost in the woods? That seems unlike her though.

Without another thought I grabbed a backpack and stuffed things I might need into it. I was going to look for her. I pulled on a jacket and good walking shoes and crawled out the two- story window.

When I hit the ground I looked around me nervously. I didn't want to run into the police.

When the coast was clear I ran down the usual route and slowed down when I got closer to the woods. I didn't know where to begin searching. I let my eyes rake over everything. I stared intently at everything hoping to peel off any evidence of Alex being here from its hiding places. Nothing. Thats what I saw... absolutly nothing! Its like she vanished into thin air! My pulse started pounding and a few tears started to fall. Is Alex ok? Where did she go? Will she ever come back? Will I find her?

My sudden burst of hysteria was quickly followed by dead silence. Its like the world decided to stand still. I stopped in my path and stared off into the woods. It was deathly quiet, unaturally quiet. I felt like I was being watched.

The sudden breeze that blew past me and sent the leaves rustling around the tree trunks seemed eerie to me. I shivered and continued to walk, but the fear inside me was making me go slow.

I was dragging my feet on the trail when I saw something that made my heart pound and give me hope. There on a tree on the border of the woods was a chewed piece of gum.

I felt like a little child on christmas. I know seeing this doesn't guarentee her safety. It just means she was here.

I know that this is her gum because no one comes out to these woods, or around them for that matter. No one around here really hikes, or camps. So these woods are untouched. 

I leaned in and sniffed the gum. Its peppermint! Thats Alex's favorite!

I looked past the tree and into the woods, maybe she went in here. She cant just take a piece out unless she's running. She never wastes gum, she chews until absolutely no flavor is left. And this gum on the tree is definitely not out of flavor. I think this is where she entered the woods.

I looked deeper into the woods and gulped, Alex could possibly be lost in here somewhere, or hurt!

I toughened up and took my first step into the woods. I took another than another and then I started walking normally again. I will find her. I just have to think positve.