Katrina and Klaus.

35.

Klaus was at the office when Katrina arrived at their home in Beverly Hills.

It was still early , however , she anticipated his arrival home within two hours.

He'd want to give her time to process Rozelle's accident first.

The bastard was probably gloating.

The driver brought part of her luggage inside.

The maids would bring in the rest.

"Just leave everything in the foyer." She instructed the servants from the stairs and then headed straight up to the bedroom.

Katrina was suffering.

She'd never been so miserable before in her life.

She simply could not believe that  Rozelle was dead.

Crossing the room and sitting on the edge of the bed  she began to rock  backwards and forwards

as the hot tears poured down her cheeks, leaving pale tracks in the makeup. "Why did this have to happen?" Katrina wailed to the empty room.

Finally spent and aching from the soul wrenching agony, Katrina

attempted to collect her emotions and calm down.

It wouldn't do for Klaus to come home and catch her like this.

Klaus...she was pierced with anger at the very thought of his

name because she was positive that he had something to do with Rozelle's

demise  and already a plan was forming in the back of Katrina's weary mind.

Rising from the bed and approaching the full length

mirror mounted on the door of the walk in closet, she gazed at herself critically.

The woman staring back at her looked dazed and confused and even her platinum hair looked dull from the combination of grief and shock.

Sniffling, she wiped at the mascara streaks beneath her eyes and decided to take a shower.

She would use visine to take some of the red out of her eyes and dress in clothes suitable for traveling.

Afterwards she fixed herself a drink at the bar and waited for Klaus on the patio.

When he finally showed up hours later she'd managed to control her weeping and was seated on the patio sipping a glass of white wine.

Klaus paused in the doorway and allowed his eyes to sweep over

Katrina's face, searching for any clue to how she might be feeling.

He'd prepared himself for the worse and was clutching her Zanax prescription bottle in his right hand...just in case.

However his wife appeared composed enough.

As always he admired her stunning beauty but then her tragic eyes flickered toward him and he froze.

"I'm sure that you're aware of what's happened." Katrina said coldly.

"Of course." Klaus said, taking a hesitant step onto the patio. "It was on the news. So the whore was blown to crispy bits."

She picked up the wine glass and drained it. "Must you be so insensitive?"

"I'm being honest wife." He said stopping next to the table and placing the pill bottle down on it's glass surface.