12.

Sunday

Megan

I fixed my hair in the mirror and grabbed my phone before going downstairs. I just put Raine to sleep a few minutes ago. Since Beyoncé had to work, though it's Sunday, I wanted to stay here with Raine instead of her going over Mama Tina's house. I went into the living room to wait on the company I had coming over in a little bit. To pass time, I decided to put on a movie. About fifteen minutes later, I heard the doorbell and quickly got up to answer the door. When I opened it, I saw Jay and smiled.

"Stallion." He greeted me with a hug.

"Hey Jayyyy."

When we released our embrace, I invited him inside the house.

"Take a seat." I offered, pointing to the couch.

"Will do, will do. Thank you. So, how's it been since you got out?" He asked, sitting down.

I went over to the couch and rested my body up against it.

"Not bad. It's like I missed a lot of time, but then again I didn't. I just have to work my way back into a routine."

He nodded. "Understandable. I'm glad you're out girl. Everything been quiet?"

"Yeah. You want anything to drink or something?" I asked.

"Nah." He said putting his hand up. "I'm good. So you told me briefly about this issue over the phone." He spoke.

"Yes. Beyoncé's baby daddy."

"How is she and the baby?" He asked.

"Great. But I guess before I got out, he was causing a scene and calling Bey out her name."

"Oh, we can't have that. You got a number or address on him?"

I smiled. "Yes, I'll send it to you right now. Yesterday he called her complaining about some bullshit. How his place got robbed and he thinks she did it."

"I'll be on it Meg. I'll speak to him and I'll let you know when I do so if you don't see any changes, hit me up." He spoke as he stood up.

"Always on the move, huh?" I chuckled as he made his way to the door. I followed behind him until we reached the front door.

"Always baby, Always. I'm glad you're out though, let me know if you need anything else." He said holding out his hand.

I shook it and he slid some money into the palm of my hand.

"Uh uh Jay. I can't take this." I said, trying to give him the money back.

"You're good. Think of this as my way of helping. I'm sorry I wasn't able to get you a lawyer that could give you less time."

I chuckled. "Jay, it wasn't your fault."

"Still man, just put that towards school and do what your mom wanted you to do, alright?"

I nodded in agreement and he hugged me.

"Call me if you need me."

"I know."

He pulled away from me and opened the front door, walking out and shutting the door behind him.

I counted the money and it was seven hundred dollars. I was grateful. I had a little bit of money, but all the fees and everything I spent, going to court and still trying to pay shit on the outside, most of the money I saved was gone. Hopefully my grandmother will hand over the money for my mom's house soon.

I was broken out of my thoughts when my phone rang. I rushed over to the couch and grabbed it, sliding answer.

"Hey baby." I smiled, though she couldn't see me.