Chapter 3

It's been a few months since the thing with Derrick. Me and Hazel are no longer friends but the IT girls aren't that bad.

I haven't been to school in a week since my grandma is getting worse and I just wanna be with her.

Nova gets my work and brings it to me.

I was currently laying in bed with Mayson and my grandma. "When you going back to school?" "I don't know I think I just wanna do online."

"Why?" "I've already started online so I can graduate early next year. I'm 16 in the 10th grade I'm behind."

"Yeah cause you failed a grade."

"So I'm taking my junior classes now so I can be a senior next year." She nodded.

"Okay pooh. Whatever works for you but I wanna see my baby in that gown." "You will nana trust me." I said. I kissed her cheek.

I take thousands of pictures with her everyday.

I just want the memory of my grandma. Considering Mayson is so young I want him to remember her too.

My phone started ringing.

Nova. 😌
Yess?

What you wanna eat?

I want some wings.

What about mason ?

He want some too.

Okay I'll be home in a few.

Okay honey.

I hung up. "That's Nova?" "Yeap." She nodded. "Grandma?" "Hm?"

"Nothing. I love you."

"I love you more."
_________
Nova was in the shower as we ate. I really needed to talk to him about school.

We've gotten extremely close.

He's overprotective but it's like he's my big brother considering my momma adopted him. I went to my room and he was in there getting ready. "Damn ion get no privacy."

I laughed. "You walk in on me all the time but I really need to talk to you."

"I'm listening."

"What do you think about me just doing online ? That way I can stay home with my grandma and help around the house."

He looked at me.

"Let me put it like this Dahlia as long as you finish you good ma.

Now you doing yo work and shit so you'll be a Senior next year and if you can't handle that then you gone have to do real class."

I nodded. "Okay that's understandable."

He was walking back into my bathroom. "One more question." I said.

"Wassup?"

"Have you spoken to Derrick?"

"About?" "I was just asking if you spoken to him." "Yeah I have that's my brother."

I nodded.

He looked at me and sighed.

"He hasn't mentioned you ma. He let yo momma get to him. He feeling hisself right now but I'm sure he'll come around."

I just nodded.

I cried for a month straight thinking about him. I really loved that man.

I decided to stop being sad.