Chapter 1 Longing for my Jake

I was waiting outside my house waiting for my mom and dad to come home. They had gone back to Forks to see if anyone would remember them. They raced down our new driveway in mom's red Ferrari. They didn't have a good face, which was a horrible sign.

"Hey Nessie! What are doing out here by yourself?" my dad asked, as if he couldn't read my mind.

"Honey are you okay?" my mother asked, she could just touch me and know I knew there was something wrong.

My parents lead me inside and there was my whole family in the room. Uncle Jasper and Uncle Emmett were watching some sporting show and Aunt Rosalie and Aunt Alice was with Grandma Esme designing a future house. They all stopped what they were doing when we entered. They all saw my dad's face, disappointment.

"We went to Forks and it seems there are still some people there that still talk about us. I saw an old teacher who swore I looked like Edward and Bella, we almost ran into some old friends who kept staring at us. We can't go back yet, maybe not for another couple decades at this rate."

My whole family had to move out of Forks when I was 2(really I looked 6ish). Some people at the hospital started asking Grandpa Carlisle about us and why we never look older. A week after that we moved to Dudley. We all posed as Grandpa Carlisle's kids.

"Honey I know you wanted to move back before you finished growing but it doesn't look very possible, I'm sorry," my mom said. She seemed to be saying that a lot. She was sorry I had issues.

"It's okay, I understand. Might as well get used to it. We have forever to live and we hit rough patches sometimes." I finished my sentence with a fake smile and ran to my room heading straight for the laptop. Jacob was already waiting for me to chat with him about the news that I hopped would have well. His video feed opened and I immediately saw his bright smile. He was my best friend (and apparently my future husband).

"Hey! I miss you Nessie! I wish you were here! Everyone else has there imprints here all the time and your over there! What's the verdict?"

I couldn't lie to him. As much as I wanted to tell him we were packing right now, I couldn't.

"Jacob we aren't moving. My parents say we might have to wait decades! Can you believe it!" I started staring at the ring he gave me when I turned 5, it was a paw print and inside it had our name with little hearts~ Jacob and Nessie. I always touched it when I missed him. I looked at the screen and saw he was looking at his necklace that I had made for him. It was a dream catcher with my initials woven in "RCC."

"Well…I…We- Maybe…" *sigh* was all that Jacob could say. He was just as sad as I was.

"Well my parents did let me borrow the Ferrari this weekend to come visit you if you meet me halfway..." my looked at him as he slowly started smiling.

"I love you Nessie. I will run, drive, crawl,swim wherever you want me to do as long as I can see you!" he almost howled he was so excited.

He told me about the pack and every once in while they get a whiff of vampires that normally leave peacefully. He told me he missed me. He had to go as his dad needed help and Jacob was his feet. We said out goodbyes and I closed my laptop. I started rubbing the ring and couldn't wait for the weekend to come.

I woke up really early and found my mom. "Mom! I'm so excited. I haven't seen Jacob in a month. That's so much time! Can we please move closer?" I begged my mom to talk to my dad about it then to Carlisle. But every time I got the same answer. "Nessie, you know we had to move this far because A LOT of people knew us” i knew he would say no but was worth a shot.

I went downstairs to find Aunt Alice and Uncle Jasper getting my books ready. They decided to homeschool me since they didn't have anything to do. Carlisle was a doctor in the little town we were in. Esme was an interior designer with Rose with some really cool clients. Mom and Dad were always researching and dong stuff, trying to figure out our next place to live and Uncle Emmett coached at the YMCA at night for adults. Aunt Alice normally taught me math, science and writing. Uncle Jasper taught me ALL history and reading.

"Now what do you want to do today? Start with some math or writing?" asked Aunt Alice.

"Or maybe how I killed soldiers and other details you won't find in these textbooks" grinned Uncle Jasper.

I looked at them and started laughing. They had such little in common and still found love. I looked at Aunt Alice "We can start with math, hmmm maybe some algebra and then Uncle Jasper can tell you more about these soldiers he killed." Uncle Jasper went up to his room and started looking for his old uniform.