"Shut up." I laughed reaching over to answer my cell phone that was ringing.

Tyler

I couldn't get her off my mind. It had been so long since the last time we've seen each other. Since the last time we've spoke to each other.

She didn't look any different. Maybe a bit taller than before and her curves were more filled out, but she looked the same.

She has a boyfriend? I wonder how they managed to get together.

I hoped she didn't fuck that up like she did with me.

"What're you thinking about?" Danielle asked stepping back into the room.

"Nothing." I shook my head. "Just... Amari looks happy, huh?"

"Yeah she does." Danielle said laying beside me. "She's got a glow to her now. She's so pretty."

"I wouldn't go that far..." I mumbled and Danielle looked at me confused. "The glow thing. I wouldn't say all that."

"I would." Danielle laughed. "Last time I saw her was at your graduation and we both know how that ended."

"Amari, just listen to me!"

"Nope. I'm done with high school, I'm done with you."

"We're going to the same college and I don't want to have to see you everyday when we feel this way about each other."

"Then go to a new college! I'm sure your Grandpa can get you into any one you want."

And she was right.

Grandpa got me into the college he had attended. When Spring semester started, I went there instead of the college I had always wanted to go to.

Instead of the college with Amari.

Would things have played out differently if I went to college with Amari?

Would Justin be in her life?

Would I have married Danielle if Amari was still an option?

"It was like she had a rain cloud hanging over her head, honestly." Danielle continued. "Now, it's like the sun shines down directly onto her."

"Yeah..." I mumbled. "She was just so stubborn back then. I hope that's changed."

"Speaking of the sun..." Danielle started. "My parents are going to Jamaica and wanted to know if we could go with them. Sounds fun?"

"Actually, it does." I nodded. "Set that up."

"Already on it."

Amari

Next Day

"I don't like that." I said looking over the design plans Tyler had sent to us. "I'm not signing my name to this. It's ugly."

If he hired me to design the shit, why do it himself?

"It's perfect for a hotel, though." Lisa said. "It's great for the spaces we're working with, it's inexpensive on his side, and it's a quick clean cut. We could be done with the entire hotel in a month if we get enough man power on this."