2 | s e l c o u t h

selcouth.
(adj.)unfamiliar, rare, strange, and yet marvelous.

I awoke to soft sheets and the morning light trickled in through the blinds

I awoke to soft sheets and the morning light trickled in through the blinds. Shedding myself of the remaining glimpses of a dream, I had already forgotten about, my eyes were still shut as I soaked in the warmth of my covers before letting my green eyes open slightly and see the sun's golden rays. I carefully get up from the bed while my eyes slowly adjusts itself to the bright light.

I don't know how to describe my feeling now. Like I am okay but not okay? Makes sense?

No?
Well not everything makes sense.

I gradually got up from my bed and stepped into the shower. My hand falls to the lever and the water begins, so cold I almost cry out but then the stream thickens and warms making my muscles relaxed. The water pours down, it drips by my side, as my mind fades into dullness and everything is a foggy illusion. The stream rises to my face and brings me pleasure for a short while. I sigh. It's just that I have been sad for years but I don't really have a solid reason. Don't we all have those days? My case is just a little different from yours. This mood is kinda permanent for me. Despite having a perfect family, the sweetest sister and an incredible group of friends it feels like I am in desolation, like I am missing out something huge.

I quickly turn off the water before I start indulging in these melancholic thoughts.

I don't want any negative thoughts on the very first day of my senior year. I have everything planned for my career which includes getting good grades to take over my family business. Senior year is going to be the year with no distractions. I repeat, not a single distraction Ivan. Senior year is going to be perfect.

Tugging my denim jeans I throw a grey sweatshirt with a black leather jacket making me look hot. Not to brag anything , but I am very much aware of the fact that I am attractive. Even though it makes me sound pretty conceited I cant deny the truth. So yeah, I am attractive and having those coral green eyes and sharp jawline makes me almost perfect.

"Good morning." I wish my family as I enter the kitchen. Me being a mamma's boy I go and peck her cheeks and tickle my five year old sister, Natasha. Dad gives me a smile and I happily return it. Incase you all still haven't figured it out, I am close to my family. My parents were high school sweethearts, with a great and successful love story. They are still madly in love and never leave a chance to show any kind of affection, if you know what I mean. Let's not go to my parents and their 'activities'. My little sister is one of those sweet siblings who aren't annoying at all, which I know is very rare so I consider myself a really lucky guy. Just like any brother I am overprotective of her and would do anything for her. In short I a hella lucky guy with an almost perfect family and I thank God everyday for it. Our morning breakfast was filled with sweet short talks, Natasha and her new preschool and dad's continuous flirting with mom, and me gagging.

As I said, everything is almost perfect in my life but still all I feel is emptiness. Pure emptiness.

Bidding my family a goodbye I enter my baby, aka my mustang. It was a gift by my grandparents who spoil me a lot despite mom's protests. I am not complaining though. It has been there with me through both thick and thin. I think I love this mustang more than anything in this world.