However, every single moment of watching Cassandra is a moment I haven't known before.

Seven centuries without love.

These few years have taught me more than all of them.

A woman with a group of girls in tow rush up to Cassandra while dancing, wanting her to join them. She immediately says yes with enough eagerness to warrant me another second of disbelief. Even down here, Jehovah's words repeat in my mind. As she follows the girls, I stand, moving to the other side of the furnace, keeping my ears open for her voice as I pour myself more AB Negative.

"This is beautiful," Cassandra says. "For me? No, I couldn't..."

A hand falls down on my shoulder. Jiayi. "So, my friend, who would have thought the outcome of today?"

"Quite," I agree, scanning the dancers. "I'm pleased it didn't end in tragedy."

"Your woman is brave."

I nod into my cup. "Yes, she is."

"I was enchanted by her passion when speaking of your experiences together."

"She indulged you with some stories then?" I lift a brow over the rim. "Hm?"

He smoothes out the wrinkles in his shirt, tilting his head to regard the ceiling. "At first, I refused to believe the stories of your resurrection. When people of our kind spoke of it, I clicked my tongue. I couldn't imagine a force powerful enough to do the job."

"She is a damn force," I utter aloud, "and more."

"I hope you will not be offended if I say I am envious of what you share. The display of love she showed emerging from that mountain was... shocking, to say the least."

"I was just as stunned as the rest of you, I assure you."

He squeezes my shoulder. "Cherish her always. Do it for the ones of us that cannot love."

He leaves on that shockingly insightful note to insert himself into the festivities, which have only amplified due to Damien and Paris' enveloping personalities. They were always superb hosts.

"Sir! Sir!"

I turn at the excited outbursts, finding the same group of women that led Cassandra away rushing back in my direction. In an instant, painfully alert, I scan the various heads fearfully for a wild mess of raven curls.

"I told you. Call me Elij..."

The words in my mouth, my mind... they vanish.

The swarm of women part, shuffling aside to reveal an exquisite creature... in white.

Granted, there are plenty of colors on the soft dress that sways at her ankles when she walks, but the sight of Cassandra in an eggshell white is enough to make every man in the room miss steps in their dancing. The garment is clearly one of a traditional nature, made of silk from the land. Her hair has been tamed into a bun on her head, a freshly-bloomed flower pinned amongst the darkness.

I open my mouth to say something. Nothing emerges. I'm truly lost for words.

"My good lord," Paris gasps in amazement, appearing at my side. Cassandra, glancing uncomfortably between us, no doubt due to my continued speechlessness, chuckles, shrugging her shoulders.

"They insisted."

By God, it takes all the restraint I possess to remain where I am. It would surely frighten the onlookers if I dragged her to the bedroom now. I've never seen Cassandra's face glow so naturally, even as a goddess.