ECZEMA 3 | J.JK

NAM LINA

My eyes snap open.

I'm on my feet the second I recognize Jungkook's strangled voice. My mind instantly goes awake, and I pump my legs as fast as I can towards his room.

When I see him, I want to yell at him in frustration.

The bandages.

It's made everything worse.

Why didn't he tell me? I think angrily, furious at him for bringing this upon himself and at me for causing all of this.

He's gasping for breath, fingers clawing at the tightly wrapped bandages around his entire figure. The ones on his cheek and face has already been torn off.

The skin there are the color of flames.

He might be passed out. But somehow his eyes are closed as he spasms violently, agonized sounds escaping low in his throat.

Somehow he's still asleep.

Quickly, I search for the ends of the bandages, growing more agitated when I can't. His forehead is slick with sweat, dark hair messy.

Finally I find it, the slightly-rolled up corner on the side of his upper body.

But he's moving way too much.

After a full five minutes of trying to get my nails under the bandage and shifting continuously because of his tossing and turning, I finally lose it.

Climbing on the bed, I press both of my hands on his shoulders. Huffing with exertion, I swing one leg over his body and pin him down.

I'm too urgent to even care about how this looks.

He eventually stops struggling under my grip, soft whimpers escaping his lips instead. Hooking my fingers to the bottom of his shirt, I manage to tug it over his head.

His body underneath tenses in the sudden cold air.

Then I curse— in the dim lights, I'd lost the end of the bandages. His chest rises and falls in uneven, rough breathing, and that only rushes me even more.

I'm so anxious— more anxious than I've ever been.

I run my hands over his bandaged body until I finally find it again. This time I hold onto it tight— determined not to lose it if he suddenly jerked.

I unravel everything.

The skin underneath looks so terrible I want to break down in tears. They're almost like burns, all raw and crimson and severely inflamed.

Once everything is finally off, Jungkook throws his head back down on the mattress. His lips are open as they suck in desperate mouthfuls of air, like he'd finally been freed after being suffocated for hours.

I turn my head away, and start crying.

This is all my fault.

I'm sobbing quietly into my shirt when I realize that he's awake. His hands are on my waist and thigh, and I hadn't noticed— because I was too busy damn crying.

And I'm basically still sitting on him.

"S-Sorry." I hiccup, my cheeks flaming in embarrassment as I scramble off. His brown eyes look worried, and my breaths stutter again.

"Why didn't you tell me, Jungkook? Why didn't you tell me that the bandages would make everything worse?"

His lips curve down.