Nice Cover Up

I looked in front of my mirror. I was going there again. I was happy other than the fact of maybe having to talk to Jace. I knew a lot of things had happened when I left between Izzy and Jace. I told her that it was okay for him to forgive him but she refused. Even Alec took my side and didn't even forgive him. His parabatai didn't forgive him. Apparently it was a drunken mistake and he didn't even know that the girl wasn't me. Because that is such a good excuse for sleeping with someone other than your girlfriend. I walked into the living room as I saw the boys all sitting in the middle to the room with their things sprawled around everywhere. I watched as Brett walked up to me with a funny look on his face.

"Hey, Clare, so all of a sudden we got a call from Madrid and there is a greater demon there so they wanted us to send a Shadow there and I was like oh my god the most qualified person to go, of course, be Clary because she is hot and she is badass so perfect." 

"Yup, yes sir!" I turned over to the only other redhead in the room, Caleb.

"Let me guess I would need to leave right away and just so happen to miss the meeting of the New York shadowhunters one of which just so happens to be my ex?"

"Nooooo.........." I laughed at the look on Brett's face an 'oh crap that wasn't a very good idea' look on it. Just perfect. I was kind of glad, because of this I won't have to go there for another hour which they will probably be asleep, or at least in their rooms.

"I will see you guys in an hour at the institute." I squeezed Brett's shoulder and moved to go grab another dress from my room. Before I got past them Liam gripped my arm.

"Be careful okay?" I smiled at the gesture that he cared about me but this was probably the 50 time I have killed a greater demon.

"Aren't I always?" I grinned at him. "Night boys! I'll see you in the morning."

"One of these days she is actually going to kill someone on accident," Will said a bit too loudly. I am guessing that I was not supposed to know...

***

I scanned around the bar to see if there was anyone that might be an... issue while I was taking the greater demon out. The area looked clear so putting one foot in front of the other I danced towards the demon and ran my hands through my hair a couple of times. Before I knew it I was right next to him. I was wearing a very low-cut black skin-tight dress with a slit in the middle of my stomach that made my red hair really stand out. If you didn't know better I looked like a Mundie stripper. 

Fun. 

As I was dancing with the crowd I made eye contact with the demon and watched as he looked me over like a midnight snack.

That was a new one.

I could tell the second that he realized that I would be good prey. I have a really small frame and look as if I am 19 years old still or even less. I slowly made eye contact with him again and winked as I walked closer to him. 

After a few minutes, I slowly grabbed his hand and made my way to the alleyway door. I watched as he slowly opened the door and put his hand on the small of my back in order to push me through. As soon as the demon closed the door he slammed me against the alleyway.

"Stupid Mundane." He muttered against my neck but before he even got the chance to try to kill me I kicked him in the stomach. He looked surprised but quickly recoiled and tried to punch me in the face only for me to block the punch with my hand. I used my other hand to hit the other arm down and reached for my knife but before I had the chance to use it the demon hit it out of my hand.

"Shit," I muttered under my breath and struck the top of his chest causing him to lose balance and to fall. I used the time he took to recover to get my knife.

"Not too smart are you?" I looked over to where he was still laying on the ground trying to stand up but failing.

"Tell Lucifer I say hello." With that, I threw the knife into his chest and watched as he burst into ash.

Well, now I need to go to New York.

Yay