The Shadows

5 years later...

I looked around the space that was surrounding me. This shit was going to be difficult not only with me by myself but because I knew that my team would be super pissed to find out that I was going off on my own again. 

"Hey. Why don't we take this outside." The club was stuffed to the brim almost as if it was a buffet for the demons surrounding me right now. I fingered darkness as I smiled at the demon talking to me.

"I would love too." I watched as he motioned something to his peers before putting a hand on my back and leading me outside. There had to be around 15 demons in the club so my choice was to get this done as fast as possible or risk stretching it out and maybe getting the others to notice and needing to put them down too.

I was unending shit.

I felt something poke me in the back once he let me go through the door and as soon as I was in the alleyway I was rammed into the alley wall. I saw a flash of metal as I was flipped over. Knife. As soon as he was about to make a move on me I kicked his wrist causing the knife to fall. He tried to grip my hand but as soon as he did I jabbed my elbow into his stomach causing him to fall over. 

"What the hell are you?" Before he could say anything else I threw a seraph knife in the middle of his chest, the usual kill shot each shadow was taught to do.

"A shadow."

"That you are. A shadow who refuses to listen to her superiors." I turned my gaze to Liam who was leaning against the opposite wall with a lopsided grin. There was a mischievous glint in his eye as I walked over to him. Liam had a rock hard exterior and to be honest it took me a couple of years for him to get used to me and to let me in but once he did well let's just say everything is really interesting at the San Paulo Institute. He was a 24-year-old Brazilian ass who did whatever he wanted no matter the consequences. He had brown hair and brown eyes and not gonna lie a great body.

"Well, then where would the fun be in that?" He muttered something underneath his voice that I couldn't quite hear but I had a feeling that it was in our language, Portuguese. Once I met with them that first night they took me to an institute in Brazil where they held their "man cave". I grew to love the Portuguese language it was so... calming. In our group, we range from the ages of 21(me)- 37(Alexio). I watched as Liam traced the portal rune onto the alley wall. I was about to move into it, Liam gripped my wrist.

"I mean if you want to have a good time, you could always come to me." He winked and ran into the portal before I could smack him.

Asshole.

But a hot asshole.

What I wasn't going to lie.

Not in the slightest

I ran into the portal one second only to get put into the institute a second later. I was in front of the institute so much that all I needed to do was to just walk in, but I decided to run.

"Liam!" I turned the corner of the hallway to see Liam, Jacob, and Max, each lounging on an armchair before I even had a chance to run towards him I was suddenly flipped over someone's shoulder. 

Damn Speed Rune + Liam = Pissed Off Clary

"Asshat." He chuckled but still kept me on his shoulder as he sat down next to Max. I looked over to him with a pleading look.

"Sorry Ma'am but I can't." I muttered something on the lines of "Southern Cowboy freaking idiot." 

"Well, I love you to Clare-bear." I gave him the worst glare I could muster. I gave Jacob a look of desperation before I pounded on Liam's back causing him to lose his grip and force himself to let go. Ha. I gave him a smirk as I put my legs in his lap.

"You are still an ass." He smirked at me. Ass. I was about to say something back but then Alexio came into the room, for an odd reason he reminded me of what a real dad should be, he was 16 years older than me and treats me like his 9-year-old daughter who can't even hold a knife properly.

"We are going to go to another institute tomorrow in order to help with a demon issue, they have been overpopulated by demons in the area for the past couple weeks and need a lot of the shadows assistance." There was something in his voice that made me a bit nervous and as if something was on his mind or as if there was something that was causing him to hesitate. I moved my legs from under Liam's hand and moved to sit up next to him. Now able to finally sit up I looked up to Alexio.

"Why are you all stressed is there something wrong? More so than that?"

"I am sure that you can pretty much guess where." New York. Shit. I have been there about 2 times since the 'incident' both times I visited my mom and told Simon and Isabelle to come. Even though they both broke up with each other they were still good friends. I called them a lot so that we were still close and talked to Magnus and Alex multiple times as well, all of them promising mot to tell Jace that I was in contact with them. I knew that he wanted to talk to me but the thing was I don't want to talk to him. He cheated on me one night because he got so wasted that he could barely walk and had sex with the first person he saw. 

I am so damn glad I didn't give him my virginity.

"I'm going." That is when all hell broke loose.