Chapter 3: The First Battle

Patrick POV:

"I know why," Stella says as she walks into the room.

"Consider my interest peaked." Rain says as he crosses his arms and glares at her suspiciously.

"Don't look at me like that Rain. I didn't cause this, but I know who did." Stella tells us.

"Then tell us, Stella," I say. Just then  Aaron runs in and tries to catch his breath.

"Aaron! What's wrong?" I say as I get up from my desk.

"It's the hoard!" He says leaning against the wall.

"Thank you for telling us." I say "Now go tell the others." By now Aaron had caught his breath and eagerly ran to tell everyone.

"I guess the story will have to wait." Rain says immediately after they run to go get their weapons.

They come outside of the base Rain is holding two diamond swords not surprisingly he seemed like the kind of guy who would like to get the kill over with fast as he could.

Abigail had a bow and quiver also not surprisingly she seemed like the kind of girl who wants to stay as far away from monsters as possible.

"Alright, there's a lot of mobs out there." As I say that Abigail and Rain start shaking in fear. "Don't worry I've seen you two train your great fighters."

After hearing this you can still tell they're afraid you could also tell they did their best to hide it.

~At the Battle Field~

They get to the battlefield instantly we all started fighting Rain was shot by an arrow in the leg he falls but gets up immediately, I soon noticed a neon but transparent smoke substance emitting from his red eye.

The arrow fell from his leg but I didn't see any blood drip from where it hit.

His skin turned black, his eyes a pastel purple, his dark brown hair turn jet black he stood and held out his hand instantly a glowing purple greatsword materialized in his hand.

"Oh no, it's happening again," Abigail whispered just loud enough for me to hear. She ran up to him and put her arms around his neck in a hug she started crying "Rain don't... please."

The entirety of the hoard was watching, Rain starts to cry his skin turns back to normal his eyes turn from purple to red and blue again the greatsword in his hand turned to dust he spun around and hugged Abigail back.

"I'm so sorry." Rain was talking through his tears "Abigail I'm so sorry." He picked up his swords took a deep breath and threw his sword at the skeleton. It hit the skeleton's skull.

The horde steps back in shock.

"Touch her or the army." He looks around "And you'll end up like this guy."

To be continued