Chapter 2: A Secret

Rains POV:

"Oh... You want to know about that?"
I look at Abigail nervously.

"Okay don't freak... but it kinda allows me to sense when I'm going to be attacked how I'm going to be attacked and where I'm going to be attacked.." I expect him to throw me out for having this... ability?

But instead, he tells me it's an amazing feature and that it could be helpful in battle. I was surprised that he liked it.

We finally got to our room.

"Neat!" Abigail seemed to like it so I did as well.

"It is pretty cool." We walk in and put our weapons up just then we hear someone call for dinner.

I and Abigail get excited and realize just how hungry we were we run downstairs and sit at the dining table with the rest of the Frostboren.

Remembering I still don't know these guys I inspect my food I guess in this situation it's a good thing Father wanted me dead.

"Is there something wrong?" Daryll asks me noticing what I'm doing.

"No there isn't just his paranoia pulling on him again." Abigail explains, "When he was young his parents wanted him dead so they tried to poison him after that he learned to be cautious before eating someone else's food."

I realize there was nothing wrong I took a bite.

"Kinda tastes like Aminos food." I look at Abigail "Doesn't it?" She nods in agreement her mouth full, she swallows.

"Yeah!"

"Who?" Azura asks us.

"She's an old friend of ours," I tell her.

"Oh."

"Who wants to make dessert?" Sire asks everyone.

"I'll do it." I volunteer "What does everyone want?" I ask.

"How about cake?" Azura asks everyone but Abigail agrees she looks at me.

"Uhh. Okay." I sigh and walk into the kitchen. I make some cake and give it to everyone.

"Rain why don't you have a piece?" Theo asks me.

"Oh uh.. heh, funny thing, I cant have frosting I'm allergic."

"Your joking? He's joking right?" Sire asks us.

"No, he's not," Abigail tells him. After dinner we go to our room we look through the things in our inventory.

"Huh didn't bring much did we? I ask Abigail as we put the stuff we brought on our bed.

"We were panicking I'd be surprised if we stopped to grab more."

We use what decor items we brought and put them around the room I had brought the picture of us, my sword displays, my two diamond swords, and finally I brought my enchanted flint and steel.

"Hey, Abs? What did you bring?"

"Oh, I brought my family photo, my creeper plush, and my books. That's my decor and entertainment anyway." A few hours later Sire called us in his office.

"As you know your new here, I just wanna talk, get to know you a little bit."

"Uh... Okay?"

"So how old are you two? How long have you been dating? And what do you think of this war?"

"1: Both of us are 19, 2: 3 years, and 3: Were both confused on why it's happening now."

"I know why."

To be continued