Chapter 1: The Beginning

Abigail POV:

We were running as fast as we could and finally got to the bridge. I look behind me and see a creeper running at us full speed, I use an arrow to kill the creeper

"Gah! Abs! What was-" Rain looked behind him "Oh good job."

"Thank you." I looked pleased with myself "Now cmon! We have to run!"

"Alright, let's go!"

We started running again and ran into some survivors but we had no idea if they were friends or foe. I pull an arrow back in my bow and Rain draws his sword we look at them with protective fierce eyes.

"Wait! We are not here to hurt you! We are the Frostboren." Siad a man in dark grey armor. "My name is Patrick."

"Prove to me your not here to hurt us!" Rain shouts, he learned quickly in the Overworld he can't trust someone he just met.

"Droplet, if they wanted to hurt us they'd have done it by now." I see him blush a little as he puts his Iron Sword in its holster.

"Alright. Alright if you say so." I give him a grateful smile.

"Thank you." He shoots me a sad smile and walks over to me.

"Would you like to come to our base and rest up?" A girl in what seemed to be a flight suit asked us politely.

Rain instantly changed back into defense mode and reached for his sword in its holster.

"Droplet.." I said to him warningly they are offering for us to go with them please don't be rude." He looks away from me and the others and grabs my hand then looks back towards me again and nods slowly.

While we walked they told us their names a witch with purple hair went last she looked about the same age as us.

"I'm Stella you?" She was the only one to ask for our names but she was looking at Rain in particular.

"Taken," I tell her with a stern look.

"Rain and Abigail." He says while holding my hand. I blush slightly. We finally make it to the base.

"Woah. It's huge!" Rain exclaims.
"And we have the perfect room for you too, uh you don't mind sharing do you?"

"No. Were umm dating." Rain tells him as I kiss him on the cheek.

"So that's why she called you Droplet it's like one of those pet names?"

"Yeah, he doesn't like it when anyone else calls him that though. The last time someone did it didn't end well." Rain shivers.

"Don't remind me, please." He whispers I hug him.

"I'm sorry love." He grabs my hand and kisses me on the forehead. We head inside and they give us a tour.

"Rain? I've been meaning to ask..."

"What is it, Sir?" We stop walking.

What Patrick asks surprised us. "Why do you have a glowing red eye?"

To be continued