XXXIX. And All Hell Broke Loose

Start from the beginning

    "Damon." Elena sighs, causing us to stop. "Is she going to die?" 

    "Probably." He whispers, "The wolf bite cause some kind of infection. It's getting worse." 

    "Like poison?" I frown. 

"I don't know." He sighs. "I'm not an expert in the field." 

     "I'm sorry." Elena and I say at the same time. He sighs, looking between the two of us. 

    "Death happens." He shrugs, "We come, we go. Sooner she dies, the better." I frown, why is he pretending this doesn't bother him. "It's gloomy as hell in here." He mutters, walking off and out of the house. 

____________________

      "Do you need anything?" Elena asks softly, walking into the living room. For the past hour, all we've done is sit in the living room in silence. 

   "No, could you just help me up to Damon's room please?" She asks. I frown slightly, why Damon's room? But, now isn't the time to be jealous... if i am even jealous. Elena looks over to me skeptically but i nod. 
   Elena and i help her up as we walk to the room. "I hate this." Rose groans, "I'm a vampire and i haven't had a cold in over a century." 

    "Just get in bed." Elea sighs as i help Rose take her rob off as she gets to the bed. 

    "We don't get sick. We die, and it's fast and sudden. And it's certainly not drawn out with an illness." I frown when i see the bite, looking back at Elena or a second. She sighs, laying down and pulling the sheets over her. 

   "You're not gonna die." Elena sighs, pulling the rest of the covers over her. 

     "Such a human thing to say." She hums, I watch as Elena looks around the room curiously. "You've never been to Damon's room before, have you?" Elena shakes her head, walking around the room seeing Damon's stack of books, picking it up. 

    "Not what you'd expect huh?" I laugh, walking over to the corner, sitting in one of the chairs by the window. 

    "It's just a room with a bed." Elena shrugs, sitting next to Rose on the bed, "Maybe i expected there to be silk sheets." I laugh, and so does Rose. 

   "You girls are lucky, you know." She smiles, looking over to me. "No one's ever loved me the way you two are loved." 

      "I doubt that." Elena smiles softly. We've had this conversation before. 

     "Trevor was my best friend. Nothing more. I spent all those years on the run from Elijah. I just never thought it was a good idea to set up roots." She explains. "The whole idea of a family is not exactly compatible with being a vampire." 
    I sigh, shifting slightly, as does Elena. 

"Why are you so eager to give up?" 

        "I'm not giving up on anything." Elena grumbles, "Here." She smiles, handing Rose a glass of blood. 

     "Then what do you call this whole deal with Elijah?" She asks, Elena and i shared a quick look. 

    "It's our best option." I cut in, standing up to walk over to the bed. 

     "It's your easiest option," Rose argues.

"That's not fair." Elena sighs, shaking her head. 

     "You really think that your witch friend destroyed the Moonstone?" She asks, looking over to Elena. 

     "I spoke with Bonnie. I know that she had the help of another witch. Assuming it's Elijah's witch, so, no, i don't." Elena explains with a small laugh.