6 - Nezuko

The journey back was a long one. Tanjirou who was wounded used a long stick he found to hobble back to his home. I followed him doing my best to support him, even once offering to carry him.

Walking through the farm country we earned a couple of stares from residents. I ignored them encouraging Tanjirou to continue going.

After hours of walking Tanjirou finally came to a stop and slowly turned to me.

"Y/n, I have something important to tell you" he hesitated.

I nodded allowing him to carry on.

"My sister is extremely special, and in order to stay with me-" he paused.

I waited patiently for him to continue. He never did instead, he turned his back on me.

"Let me just show you."

He continued walking and I silently followed him.

Now I would be lying if I wasn't worried and confused.

Ignoring my thoughts I continued to follow him.

I truly believe he's a good person.

——————

We finally made it to a little cottage in the middle of the mountains. The two of us walked forward but stopped with the wooden door flew open.

I widened my eyes at the little girl that stepped out. She stopped and turned towards Tanjirou who was standing there shocked as I was.

"N-Nezuko-" he cried.

"You woke up!"

He ran forward and dropped down onto his knees opening his arms. The little girl met him where he sat and wrapped her arms around him. He began to sob asking her hundreds of questions.

As they sat there another man joined them. He hugged them both also crying behind his mask thanking Tanjirou for returning. I assumed it was his teacher, judging by the fact he had the same Haori as Tanjirou.

I smiled watching the scene before me unfold. Stepping back I turned on my heel and walked away. I was interrupting something important and I decided I would come back later.

————

Thirty minutes passed and I finally returned from my walk. I knocked on the wall, since the door was broken, and gained the attention of the small family.

"Y/N!" Tanjirou yelled as he stood up and walked to the door.

"Where did you go? Especially with all those injuries!" He scolded me and I gave him a reassuring smile.

"I was just scouting out the area!" I lied and he furrowed his brows.

I could tell he knew I was lying, but he dismissed it welcoming me inside. I stepped past him sitting down next to the little girl from earlier.

"Y/N, this is Urokodaki, and my younger sister Nezuko!" he pointed to both the strangers in front of me and I bowed.

"Pleased to ma-" I was cut off by the pink-eyed girl hugging me.

When she did I felt my heart waver. I hugged her back but the only thought running through my head was:

'Why is a demon hugging me.'

I was surprised by my own thoughts, and why my first thought was the girl being a demon, but as I looked at her more I realized she was in fact a demon. It must've been a demon slayers instincts.

When she let go I peered over to Tanjirou who was sitting there smiling. 'What is going on?' I thought.

Tanjirou's expression finally changed as he spoke.

"I know what you're thinking." He said and I looked over at the girl.

"My sister Nezuko is a demon." I widened my eyes as he frowned.

"My sister is special though. She has been a demon for two years and hasn't devoured a single human."

His words seemed fake but I could tell he wasn't lying. Confused as I was I scratched my head.

"So, you're sister is a demon, who doesn't eat humans?" I questioned and he nodded.

My heart began beating fast as I stared at the girl. I looked over to the masked teacher who was looking at me as well. The girl did not speak but I could tell she had absolutely no hatred towards me, which was strange for a demon.

Taking a deep breath I smiled. "I don't know why but -" I paused.

"I believe you."

His eyes sparkled as he looked at me with a kind expression.

"Y/N! Thank you!" he said clutching his Haori.

I nodded and put my hand on the girl's head. I slowly smiled at her as I began stroking her hair, she had absolutely no ill aura around her; if anything she gave off a positive and kind vibe.

Me liking a demon went against everything I believed in, and I knew this but I couldn't bring myself to dislike the girl.

Thinking back to what my mother always told me:

'Nobody is a bad person, some just choose to do bad things.'

Maybe there were good demons after all.
———————

Mommas girl right there.

Also thank u for 500 reads that's literally crazy aaa!

<3 ily all!

Fun fact: y/n has her hair put into a half up, half down, and a cherry blossom pin on the back of her head 🐢💨

💖💓🌸☁️🎀