30 - Finally Over...

My whole body ached..

Collapsing to the ground, I crawled over to Tanjirou who was also laying on the ground.

"Tanjirou, you did it!" I exclaimed my voice shaky and thin.

He looked back at me and nodded with a smile, it seemed he was too tired to form any proper words. Our moment of peace didn't last long when we heard shuffling behind us.

'You have to be joking-'

The demon child's corpse had slowly begun to rise from the ground.

"Did you really think you killed me?!" He snapped venom laced in his words.

"I cut my own head off before you got the chance boy!" he moved his hands to grab his head and put it back on his head. "I don't understand this, how did you not burn? My strings got burned but you didn't!"

He carried on while slowly making his way to Tanjirou and me.

Barely being able to stand I did my best to get up as quickly as I could. I stood my ground in front of Tanjirou who was at this point completely immobile.

"GET BACK!" I choked out as I pointed my sword at the child.

His brows furrowed even more and he stopped where he stood.

"I don't get you and your sister, but you made me mad so now I will kill you." He spat before he opened his hands.

"Demon blood technique:

Cage of murderous eyes."

Suddenly strings sprung out the ground in a dome-like cage. I immediately dropped to the ground dodging the strings and threw myself on top of Tanjirou. He was already extremely hurt and I didn't want him getting any more injuries.

"Y/N- DON'T-" he attempted to say but I pressed myself on him.

"You are more hurt then I am, I don't mind taking a bit of damage-" I tried to say but got cut off when the strings cut into my back.

I cried out tightening my grip on Tanjirou as the webs dug into my back. Time seemed to slow when suddenly I felt the strings get cut.

I immediately shot my head up to look behind me and I was met with a two-toned Haori.

"Good job holding up for so long, I will take it from here." He deadpanned and walked forward engaging with the demon moon.

Relief washed over me as I slowly moved off Tanjirou and helped him get over to where Nezuko was laying. He immediately hugged her and I smiled down at them both.

My mood suddenly shifted as I felt tears fall down my face.

'we're safe, we're alive-' I thought as I bent down to hug both of them.

"I love you guys.." I whispered and hugged them both harder.

"Y/N-" Tanjirou began but I shook my head silently asking him not to speak.

After minutes of crying, I released them and turned back towards Tomioka who had just finished off the demon moon. The boy's head fell to the ground but his body continued walking towards us.