12 - Ms. Tamayo

"Tanjirou?"

The boy looked over at me. He was finishing up his Udon the man at the stand made for us. I had already finished mine, frightened of what the owner would do if I didn't.

"That was Muzan, right?" I asked even though I knew the answer.

Upon saying the demons name the brunette stiffened. He gave me a small nod then went back to eating his noodles.

After a long silence Tanjirou looked back up at me, I could tell what he was going to ask.

"y/n, I have a question." Tanjirou set down his empty bowl and gave me a long stare.

I didn't respond so he carried on.

"What did he say to you?" He asked me and I immediately frowned recalling the memory.

"He brought up my mother.." I set down my udon bowl and faced my friend.

Before he could pry I carried on. "As much as I'd like to talk about my past, I don't think I'm ready yet." I gave him a small smile.

Tanjirou immediately nodded.

"Also-" I began. "That Muzan man is too powerful, we can't beat him."

Everything about that demon was wrong, even his
heartbeat gave me the feeling of nails on a chalkboard.

Tanjirou looked over to me and shook his head.

"Not now we can't, but in the future we will." He said giving me a stern look.

I nodded my head in response, still not completely believing him.

We finished up our noodles and thanked the owner of the shop. He seemed satisfied we actually ate, instead of dropping the bowl as we did before.

We began walking away only to stop when Nezuko froze in her spot. I followed her eyes to see the demon from the plaza, the one with slick back hair.

"Were you waiting for us?" Tanjirou questioned and the man scrunched his nose.

"You wouldn't be able to find a place with a cloaking spell so of course I came." He snapped.

'What an attitude.' I thought rolling my eyes.

The demon lifted his finger and pointed at Nezuko with a pointed glare.

"Isn't that woman a demon? A brute one at that." He spat crossing his arms.

Tanjirou stood there looking aloof for a moment while he registered what the man had said. When he finally realized his face turned into a shocked expression.

"BRUTE?!" He screeched and pointed at Nezuko.

"LOOK AT HER LOVELY FEATURES- SHE WAS THE BEAUTY OF OUR TOWN!!" His voice cracked as he screamed.

'A voice crack?' I thought with a small giggle.

The man walked away with a huff and we followed behind him. As he lead us to the destination Tanjirou continuously hyped Nezuko up, trying his very best to change the mans mind.