↘︎ chapter forty-six

Start from the beginning

"I hope to see you in the Burrow soon, Marley." grinned Fred and they hugged. "Okay, I'm leaving George and you alone. You have five more minutes."

Fred walked away without stopping to look at them affectionately, making especially hints at them. George was slightly flushed but laughed at his twin's jokes.

"I think this year was a little tough." stated the girl. "But hey, we made it through this time. And now what? My boy is going to be a senior. What would I do when you leave Hogwarts?"

"You'll visit Fred and I at Hogsmeade." George grinned. "Because as soon as we graduate, we'll start working on the joke shop. Your mother should have become pregnant earlier and now you'd be a senior too."

"I can't control when my dad fucked her." Marley exclaimed, laughing out loud. She turned her head, seeing Brielle Macmillan and Noelle Black. Her son, Noen Black, had just come to them after saying goodbye to his friends. "I need to go. Mom's waiting for me."

"Don't you forget something, love?" George playfully raised his eyebrows. Marley just sighed, stood on her tiptoes and kissed him sweetly on the lips. He took her hand, and she smiled through the kiss. After pulling away, there was a blush on hers and his cheeks.

"You should cut your hair, love." she simply said, giggling. George just frowned.

"What? Don't you like it? In my opinion, I look hot."

"But think about the opportunities with being with short hair. In my opinion, you'd be hotter." the girl winked, showing her good flirting skills. George just chuckled toward her. "And your hair looks a little bit too long. It's summer and it'll be very hot. Oh, and short hair suits you more."

"I'll take this as a compliment. Well, I'll think about it." George replied and heard Mr. Weasley calling out his name. Fred just showed another hint with hands, grinning like an idiot. "Well, I gotta go."

"Tell Fred to also cut his hair!" she shouted and George quickly kissed her again before leaving. Marley couldn't hide her smile. She took her suitcase and approached her family. Brielle and Noelle just shared smirks like they were teenager girls, looking at some new gossips.

"Was that George Weasley I saw you kissing with?" asked Brielle with pressed carelessness, while hugging her daughter.

"They're dating for six months." added Noen Black with an innocent smile. Noelle Black just gasped from surprise.

"Did it go-- you know?"

"No! NO!" immediately denied Marley. "At least not yet. But I'm not planning to tell you if I'm having sex. Can't we just Apparate already?"

She sounded desparate. Brielle and Noelle grinned one more time before magi-porting the four of them to Aberaeron, Wales.

                                ***

The Macmillan family's house was full of its usual members as always. Today, Brielle had awakened Marley and Noen earlier than usual. It was even too early, and they both barely made it to the dining room, where Noelle and Brielle were already drinking coffee.

"Why did we have to wake up so early today?" asked Noen with sleepy voice. "The summer vacation started two days ago."

"Yeah, we want to sleep." supported him Marley, her voice sounding hoarse and as sleepy as Noen's. "If there's no important reason you made us wake up in 7 a.m., I'm going back to bed."

"Actually, there it is." said Brielle with thin voice and sat on the chair next to her best friend from childhood. "And no, we don't want you to train Quidditch to bring your body shape. It's still good. It's something else."

"What?" questioned Noen probably the most logical thing in the whole conversation this morning. Marley just yawned, covering her mouth with hand. She was still with her pyjamas - shorts and an oversized T-shirt, which used to belong to George, but since the prank for her sixteenth birthday, she secretly kept it. It was a simple blue T-shirt and she loved how it smelt on George. Her hair was up in a messy bun, which was messier than messy now. But somehow she still looked cute.

"We need to travel to London today." announced Noelle and Marley saw gleam in the corner of her eyes. Was she crying? Did something bad happen? "We have some work and you're coming with us. It's about Lord Voldemort."

"It's some kind of a meeting and it will take long." added Brielle, taking another sip of her hot coffee. "In the First Wizarding War we used to do these kind of meetins, and since our greatest enemy is back, it's time to meet again."

"Who are you meeting?" asked Marley confused. "And where?"

"Other members of this meeting." answered calmly Noelle and let out a smile touch her lips. Something was off. Her mother and godmother seemed suspicious and they weren't telling the whole truth. "You'll meet Dumbledore there. Oh, and for you, Marley. Weasley family is coming too."

And her godmother winked at her, probably hinting about her boyfriend George Weasley. Marley's cheeks flushed as she smiled nervously and exhaled. Noen was just smirking toward her.

"Well, that's great." she shrugged arms, pretending it wasn't that important what Noelle had said. Yes, it was of course. But she still didn't miss George. However, it had only been two days since they had last seen each other.

"And where exactly are we going?" asked again Noen, now quite curious. He ran a quick hand through his messy black hair.

Brielle and Noelle just shared a look and grinned at each other. But Marley's mother was the one who broke the silence. "12 Grimmauld Place."