Bridging India's Education Gaps with Cloud Computing Said Engineer.ai CEO

Indian students are warming up to edtech platforms to enhance their learning experience

The edtech market is projected to reach $1.96 Bn by 2021

9% of the young Indian workforce in 2022 will be deployed in jobs that do not even exist today

The rapid pace of technological dispersion is altering every aspect of our lives. Even in India, as technology sees exponential adoption in some sectors like health and ecommerce, its adoption in some of the other sectors has been slow; one key area being education.

The utilisation of PowerPoint presentations, video narrations, projectors, and other gadgets have come a long way in education institutions, but in terms of IT infrastructure, these same institutions, especially schools, display a limited strategic vision.

Contrariwise, Indian students are warming up to edtech platforms to enhance their learning experience. As per Wikibizpedia, in 2018, the edtech market size reached just below $550 Mn growing continuously at a CAGR of 49%. The figure is projected to reach $1960 Mn by 2021.

India is now believed to have over 4,000 edtech startups offering OTT mobile/desktop apps with coaching for different subjects. These applications capture students' imaginations by using the latest technologies and cloud computing services.

More importantly, these apps make education a high engagement activity for students and transform learning significantly. Now being used by millions of students across the country, these edtech apps are a rage among learners of all kinds. Indian students are ready, more than ever, to embrace tech-influenced education.

Read full article @ https://inc42.com/resources/bridging-indias-education-gaps-with-cloud-computing/