23. Midnight Kiss (part I)

Start from the beginning

Damien frowned, at that. They hadn't discussed it since their big blowout a few weeks earlier and frankly Damien wasn't sure he was ready to bring the subject up again, at least not any time soon. "I don't really know," he lied.

"Well time is running out darling. He rather should make a decision soon," his mother gave him a rather skeptical look.

"I know," he said.

"I mean, we can put in a good word for him at Oxford if he's interested in attending, but we'll have to do so soon."

"I'll talk to him," Damien said, shaking his head. He wasn't really looking forward to the conversation. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go see if Reginald wouldn't mind bringing us up some breakfast in bed," he said turning on his heel to leave the ballroom.

"No darling, Reginald has the week off. Remember."

"The whole week?" Damien asked with a groan.

"Yes, well he had things to do. He wanted to be with his family for the Holidays as well."

"Bugger."

"I'm sure you can handle asking Chef Jaq to make you breakfast and carrying it up yourself," she said.

Damien nodded, of course, he could. Whatever else could be said about the Carmichael's, him in particular, his mother had insisted that he learn to be at least somewhat self-sufficient. Cynthia Carmichael neé Moriarty had not grown up with the sort of money she now enjoyed, and she wasn't about to let her son grow up spoiled like the Benson's had with Tyler. Damien groaned despite himself and made his way into the kitchen.

Chef Jaq was already hard at work preparing breakfast when Damien approached. He turned, noticing someone entering his domain.

"Oh boy, what brings you here?" he asked.

Damien grinned, "I know you're already preparing breakfast, but I was hoping you could make a little breakfast in bed for me and Oliver?" he asked in perfect French.

Chef Jaq smirked, but nodded all the same. He was nothing if not a romantic, and it didn't hurt that he adored Damien.

Damien grinned and skipped out of the kitchens, making his way back upstairs, sneaking back into bed beside Oliver once more. Twenty minutes later there was a knock on Damien's door, that awoke him from the lovely little dream he'd been having about him and Oliver, and a lake. Damien groaned, burying his face in the pillow as Oliver climbed out of bed and answered the door.

Several minutes later, not nearly enough time for Damien to attempt to get back to his lovely dream, Oliver reappeared beside him, chuckling.

"My poor boyfriend, you're just not a morning person are you?" Damien snorted into his pillow. "Come on, it's time for breakfast," he said. Damien smirked, sitting up quickly, he was starving. His stomach gave a particularly loud rumble as Oliver leaned over the trolley full of food and grabbed Damien's plate first, handing it to him. Damien took it happily and dug in before Oliver even had a second to grab his own. "Hungry are we?" Oliver asked.

Damien merely nodded, his mouth full of eggs, and potatoes, "So," Damien said after he had finished chewing. "Being that today is rather special, was there anything in particular you were hoping to do today?"

Oliver grinned at that, "I can think of a few things," he replied. "If you're up for it."

Damien blushed at the implication. He was fairly certain he was more than up for it. He had been hoping and waiting for what felt like an eternity now, "Well," Damien said finishing off his eggs fairly quickly. "My parents are..." he checked his phone that was currently charging on his bedside table. Sure enough, there was a text from his mother to inform him they would be chartering the jet to Paris. "Headed to Paris for the rest of the week," he said with a grin.

"A week huh?" Oliver asked. "Just the two of us?"

"And the staff," Damien corrected. "But yes."

"Interesting," Oliver replied, placing his plate back onto the trolley. Damien looked up at him, managing to shovel a few more forkfuls of potato into his mouth before he pushed the plate onto his bedside table, chewing as fast as he could and swallowing before Oliver climbed on top of him, pinning him down against the bed. Oh God, Damien thought. It was everything he could have ever hoped for. Oliver grinned above him, pinning his arms above his head, and slowly leaned down to kiss his lips, threading their fingers together. Damien gasped into the kiss, it was exquisite, and he couldn't wait to see where things went.