fifteen: christmas tree.

THE TWO boys walked into the gymnasium, it had many decorations, ceiling decorations, fairy lights and a photo-op area, a stage was even set up and everything as music played. He looked at Stanley and smiled at him. Stanley was staring at the gym, probably looking for people staring at them but the only person staring at him was Everest. He looked to his boyfriend and chuckled.

"It-it looks amazing..." He said and then they spotted Sydney and Dina at the snack and beverages table, Sydney was waving them over with a big smile on her face, and Stanley started leading them over. Everest felt nervous as they got closer and he kept glancing at Stanley.

His boyfriend had a big smile on his face and he looked to the two girls. "Stan!" Dina said excitedly, noticing the two boys. "Dina, you look, um... you look like a Christmas tree." Stanley gestured and Dina glanced down at her dress. "Thanks, dude." She looked back up, smiling.

"Uh-huh," Stanley nodded, squeezing Everest's hand in his. "Oh, God. Whittaker's still watching us." Stanley said and they all look over as Sydney just looked in the corner of her eye. "It's probably the most exciting thing that's ever happened in his entire life." Sydney said with a grin.

"Mm. I don't know, guys," Stanley says as he shakes his head making Everest look at him. "I mean, we're wanted criminals. Why are we out here in the open?" He asked and Everest rolls his eyes, a fond smile on his face at the shorter boy. "Exposed. First rule of the heist is split up the loot and split the fuck up, right?" He said to the three and Sydney glanced at him with a small smile on her face.

"What loot?" Dina said, confused. "All we did was disrespect this fine institution." She said and Everest chuckled. "Mm..." Stanley hums with a smile. "And disrespect ourselves." Everest said as he pointed a wagging finger at the girls. "Yes." Sydney chuckled and Everest looked at Dina.

A song started playing and Stanley groans. "Oh, no. On principle, I just— I can't. Sorry, this playlist is all over the map." Stanley said as he waved his hands around, no longer holding Everest's. "I'll—I'll be right back." He tells his boyfriend, promising him before he is walking away and Everest sighs softly, knowing he must let Stanley go and not argue against him. Music was always Stanley's forte. He looked to Sydney and Dina. "Hey, can we talk?" He asked Dina and Sydney glanced between them. "Sure," Dina said, her hands clasped together behind her back with a small smile at him. "What's up?" She then asked him with a kind tone.

"I-I'm sorry about, uh... Brad..." He said and Dina glances at Sydney. "That's... that's okay, I mean, you were drunk, right?" She says and Everest nodded right away. "Yeah," he said with a small smile. "Do you wanna dance?" She suddenly asked the shorter girl next to her who looked at her, smiling. "Sure!" She said and they grabbed hands, Dina leading the girl away to the dance floor.

Everest on the other hand, looked over at Stanley and went over to him. "Come on, let's dance," he grabbed his hand. "What? No, Ev, come on," he said and Everest leads him close to where Sydney and Dina were, but not too close.

"Come on, I wanna dance with my boyfriend, even if it's to some crappy music like this," he smiled and put his hands onto Stanley's waist. "Fine..." Stanley sighed despite not wanting to dance to a song such as It's Over Now by Roxette.

"Were you requesting our song? By Bloodwitch?" Everest asked with a small smile. "Of course... Naturally." Stanley said as he nodded and then suddenly he was glancing around. "The only two boys dancing together is us..." He said suddenly and Everest shrugs, nodding towards Sydney and Dina. "Syd and Dina are dancing together... it isn't so weird..." He says, pulling him closer.

"True... but they're girls. We're boys." He shrugged and Everest sighed. "Stanley... zero fucks. It's what I love about you." He said, his hand on the small of Stanley's back, smiling. "You're care-free and when you're like that... You're the best." He said and Stanley just blushed, smiling big.

"Yeah... zero fucks." He pulled Everest closer to him and suddenly he was leaning in, connecting their lips together. Everest kissed back before pulling away, smiling at his boyfriend before glancing over at Sydney and Dina who were both smiling widely at the pair. Everest sighed softly, looking back at Stanley with a small smile on his face.

"See? No fucks given and we're okay." He rubbed Stanley's sides gently before pulling him even closer. This felt great, being out in the public like this with Stanley, holding him and kissing him. He smiled, Stanley sighing contently, "I love your new hair..." He stared at the top of his head.

"Yeah? I might keep it." He smiled. Stanley's opinion always mattered to Everest even if people thought that no one's opinion mattered to him. Stanley was probably the only person he trusted when it came to style and advice. Everyone else just sucked, especially in this stupid town. Everyone did except for Stanley. He was important to Everest and he was glad that he was in his life.

authors note brad really said 🤯