[ 14 ]

- Noor's POV -

I take a deep breath and walk out of the elevator.

Rosalie waves at me enthusiastically. "Noor! Hey!"

"Hey! Sorry I can't wave. I'm a little preoccupied." I smile.

"No, that's fine! I see that he's really treating you like a secretary." She giggles.

We chat away for a few minutes until a question that I've had for a while pops up.

"Say, Rosalie... why do all the women who work here look so similar?" This has been a burning question in my mind.

"Oh, you haven't figured it out yet?"  She says if it's really obvious. Or maybe it is.

I shake my head in confusion.

"You'll see when Mrs. Nadira Khan comes into the office in a bun." She smirks.

"Huh?" I'm confused.

"It'll shock you." She smirks. "You might be terrified and slightly creeped out. I'm shocked he didn't apply the same dress code to you."

"He tried. I threatened to sue." I grin.

"You sly fox! You're officially my favourite coworker." She states.

"Who was it before?" I act offended.

"No one. I wanted to set this place on fire." She winks.

"A whole mood." I nod and then, burst into laughter.

I check the time and decide excuse myself and to head to my desk.

The moment I place the food on my desk, Lateef bursts through the door.

"I thought I smelt something delicious and I don't think it was the food!" He winks at me.

"I'll throw you out of here." I manage to say as my cheeks start heating up.

"Watch your words, Noor!" Lateef imitates Yasir, making me burst into a fit of giggles.

I hand him his coffee and sandwich.

"How do you plan on facing Yasir?" He asks as after taking a sip of his coffee.

"How do I plan on facing him? He should be planning on facing me. That was beyond embarrassing for him." I say.

"That's my girl. That's the mindset you should have." He laughs.

"Who are you calling your girl?" I almost gasp.

"You." His voice is suddenly quieter.

My heart is beating so hard that I swear it was going to pop out of my ribcage. All those teenage, childish feelings I had in high school come flooding back to me.

"Sorry, let me be more polite. Would you like to be my girl?" His eyes are so soft and inviting, nothing like Yasir's cold, dark ones.