the cold gun

Jitters
Night

Iris, Eddie & Mon were all sitting at a table, waiting on Felicity to get there. "Party people, who's ready to get their trivia on? Okay, everybody, welcome. We've got some new challengers. Please, welcome e=mc Hammer," the announcer said, and everyone looked at Iris, Eddie & Mom.

"No, you see, I did it because E=mc squared is Einstein's formula for kinetic energy, right? And, you know, can't touch this," Mon said, but really, he got the idea from Barry because Mon was no good at science. Barry made Mon a bunch of flash cards to use, so he would make himself sound smart in front of Iris.

"That's great, Mike. So where is Felicity?" Iris asked.

"I'm not sure. I told her it started at-" Mon started to say but then Felicity walked in, in a tight shirt dress.

"Feel free to buy yourself that dress," Eddie told Iris, which wanted Mon to roll his eyes but he was too distracted at how attractive Felicity looked.

"I totally overdressed for trivia night," Felicity said as she walked up next to Mon.

"No, you look amazing," Iris said.

"Yeah, you do," Mon said.

"E=mc hammer. That's funny," Felicity said a laugh. "See?" Mon told Iris.

Later

"So, Felicity, what do you do?" Iris asked.

"I work in computer sciences at Queen Consolidated," Felicity said.

"Really? Do you have a boyfriend in Starling City?" Iris asked and Mon gave her a look of annoyance and Iris raised her eyebrows at him.

"No, no, there is no one. I'll get us some more drinks. And I had too many of those first ones, so I will be right back," Felicity said then she got up and walked off, as Mon stared at her. Then Iris slapped his arm.

"What?" Mon asked her.

"Dude," she said before she slapped him again. "Dude? Wha-" Mon started to say.

"Are you still gonna tell me that she's not into you? Look at that dress. And when I asked her the boyfriend question, she froze," Iris said.

"Yeah, you were particularly sly with that one," Mon said but Iris rolled her eyes.

"Felicity is smart, nice, and pretty. And most importantly, she is the first girl at I have seen you with that really understands and appreciates you for the amazing person that I am always telling you that you are. She's perfect for you, so what are you waiting for, Mike?" Iris asked and Mon sighed, as he stared at her.

STAR Labs
Back Area

Cisco was staring at an empty shelf, with Wells staring at him, with Caitlin & Kara behind him. "How long has it been missing?" Wells asked.

"I don't know," Cisco said.

"I'm gonna ask you again, Cisco. But when I do, I expect a more specific answer than a 'I don't know'. Now, how long has this weapon been gone?" Wells asked.

"A day, maybe two. One of the janitors didn't show up for work this morning. He was probably the one who took it. I didn't think that-" Cisco started to say.

"You didn't think, because if you had, you would have discussed with me first your desire to build something that could, in theory, hurt anyone, and in particular, The Blur," Wells said sternly.