Her Happiness (II)

"Arnav. I don't want to get bonded in this sacred relationship without finding my true self. I can't marry you now Arnav." She declared as his heart came in his mouth.

"I want to run away from all the sorrows I've got. I want to heal. I want to live. Arnav by marrying me you won't heal me. My wounds are still fresh. Even if I agree to get married to you right now. It's not going to bring my smile, my happiness back. It's not going to bring your Khushi back." Tears rolled down both their eyes.

"Your Khushi is lost somewhere Arnav. Please let me bring her back."

Arnav "You're leaving me?" He barely whispered trying his best not to breakdown.

Khushi "No. I'm not. I'm not saying that I won't marry you Arnavji. I love you. It's just not the right time." She cupped his face.

Arnav "You need time?"Khushi nodded.

Arnav "Will you come back to me?"

Khushi "I'm not going away from you. I just don't want to marry you right now." She sobbed seeing his vulnerable face.

There was a strange silence in between them for good 15 minutes after which Arnav whispered. "Okay."

Khushi looked up shocked.

Arnav wiped her face "Okay."

Khushi "Arnavji?"

Arnav "You need time, you can take as much time you want. I will wait for you." He cupped her shocked face. "I'm sorry Khushi, I've caused you immense pain but one thing I can't deny is that I love you. Khushi I don't want to lose you. I will wait for you even if it takes a lifetime. I can't live with the thought of being away from you but this time I will try. I'll give you your deserved space. Khushi I'm sorry I should have asked you before whether you were ready for this marriage or not. Yes I haven't given you the perfect marriage in the past. Didn't trust you enough. Didn't make you happy. This time I will. Everything will happen just the way you want it to happen. Your happiness will be my utmost priority."

Khushi "Arnav!" She cried holding his shirt collar "I'm sorry I-"

Arnav "Shsh.....don't you dare apologise for speaking your heart out. I wish I was aware of  your inner turmoil earlier. Khushi there's no reason for you to be guilty. You haven't hurt me it's the other way round. I'm fact you made me happy by telling me how you feel. I feel at peace knowing what was going in your mind, what was bothering you. Don't you feel better after speaking your heart out?" He asked.

Khushi sniffed "I do. I do. I realised that's what I always wanted. I want to become independent Arnavji. I want to stand up for myself before getting married."

Armav "I'm proud of you." He kissed her forehead lovingly letting his lips linger there for a longer period of time.

Khushi "I'm sor-"

Arnav "Another apology and you're getting married to me the very next minute." He chided. "Then don't blame me that I don't understand you." He glared. Khushi hugged him tightly.

Khushi "How will we tell others? Dadi already hates me she'll-"

Arnav "I will tell everyone. Don't worry about it alright."