;A Light To Burn All The Empires | Fem! F.I. x Reader | AU

Start from the beginning

I'm still organizing my thoughts when the white carriage showed up in the distance - its sight almost makes me choke on my own spit, but I'm thankfully able to recompose myself, receiving a discreet glare from my mother. The characteristic sound of the horses' hooves against the ground was followed by the of the carriage's wheels rolling over the dirt and the peebles. Its metallic, beautiful details reflect the sun's light hitting against it, giving it an even richer impression.

When the carriage finally stopped, it felt like everything started acting against me - my parents' grins grow impossibly wider, my corset suddenly feels incredibly tighter than normal, my clothes at all feel more uncomfortable while my toes can't just fucking find a comfortable position inside those goddamn shoes!

Anger at those small things starts taking over me as a result of the anxiety that worsens with the sight of the carriage's door being opened. Even with the relatively far distance, it was clear to see who left it and I just couldn't believe. My heart skips at beat at the moment I see her sightly insecure but still smiling face. She takes her servant's hand for support to leave the carriage, her wide eyes wandering around the place and taking in every detail of the castle until both her feet are finally on the ground.

Her smile falters a bit when looking over at my parents and I - that's when I finally notice the disbelief among their features. Hah, like hell that I'm going to care about that! I'm finally turning out fucking lucky! An overly excited grin cracks my lips this time, seeming to annoy even more my parents, who struggle to keep their happy faces on.

"Good day, your Majesty (l/n), your Majesty (l/n) and your Highness (l/n)." Frank's servant says as soon as he's close enough, bowing with a hand on his chest while doing so, making his blonde locks fall over momentarily. He looks at us with a smile when adjusting his posture. "I'm princess Frank's butler." He introduces himself then presses his lips together in a smile, matching the girl's. The whole time, however, my eyes are glued on her, scanning her extremely beautiful faces; she blushes when noticing my gaze, quickly looking down.

"I-I'm sorry," My mother's stuttering voice comes in, followed by a a quick inhale and a loud swallow. "but that's the suitor? She is the suitor?" The desperation is noticeable in her voice as she clearly tries to ignore the girl, not liking the idea at all.

"Yes, her Highness Frank is the only kid from their Highnesses the king and the queen and they judged this kingdom's offer to be the best one." The butler's kind voice never falters, just carrying a tone of curiosity as he probably doesn't understand my parents' manners. It's just awesome because that means their kingdom has no problem at all with sexuality and all.

My mother inhales, about to say something else when I decide to speak up first before they end with my happiness - which's something that happens way more frequently than it should. "Well, while you sort everything out," I say with a firm voice, moving my eyes from my parents to the butler then grabbing Frank's wrist. "I'm showing Frank around, since she's staying." She looks up suddenly with a surprised expression that softens when she sees my smile.

Meanwhile, the butler nods gladly while the other two look at me without knowing how to choose between surprise, reprehending or keeping their fake happy posture. Nonetheless, they're quick to come up with something. "(N/n), dear, why don't you do that later? You can't- (N/n)? (Y/n)!" My name starts being frantically called once I finally pull at Frank and start dragging her along with me to inside the castle, almost tripping over my dress' long skirt in the way. Honestly, I hate that dress - it may be beautiful, but being comfortable is whole different point.

"So..." I awkwardly break the silence between us, looking at her curiously. Her dress is nothing like the ones we would find in the kingdom, showing a bit of her own's culture. She looks up at me once I start speaking, waiting. "As you heard, my name's (y/n). And sorry for my parents' manners, they're just conservative idiots." Who knows if she got offended because of that? Because I am.

Frank's eyes widen with a bit of surprise at the last words, but chuckles after I do so. "No, don't mind that, I come across a lot of people like that." She smiles, shrugging. I'm about to question something, when she already answers that. "I just don't care about genders. That's not what matters in a person." My eyebrows raise a bit, loving her opinion, followed by a smile curling up my lips.

Time passes by and my parents just couldn't find a way of cancelling the pact or changing the suitor since it's not like Frank has a sibling and the pact's worth a lot. They ended up not recognizing their defeat, resulting in them being annoyed with me all the time and treating Frank the best way possible - they can't risk the pact being cancelled under any condition.

However, with this, a lot of things had to change too. Laws changed, allowing same-sex marriage - what was kind of rejected by some of the population and the church, but whatever -, causing society's ideology to change along. The consequences are the old ladies freaking out and men constantly shaking their heads in displeasure whenever hearing about the news their princess is marrying another princess. Awesome, my friends!

It's inevitable to say Frank and I grew closer - all that pressure imposed over us didn't seem to affect in how we treat each other, allowing us to calmly get to know each other and, thankfully, start liking each other. I mean, liking each other in a marriage isn't something that really matters after the pact is made, since most of the marriages between the nobles do not occur due to strong feelings for each other, occasioning uncountable side affairs with other nobles or servants. Sometimes I wonder if my father isn't actually my uncle.

"I just really hate those dresses!" I say, finishing my speech of hate towards the dresses we're forced to wear while half of my attention is still turned to the view before us. Thankfully, I manage to put on some comfortable pants and take off that fucking corset whenever I get the chance; same to Frank.

"Like if you don't say that whenever you get the chance to." She rolls her eyes, letting her playfulness clear through the small smirk on her lips. Playing along, I wrinkle my nose at her, pecking her cheek after not being able to resist to so much cuteness - she blushes at that like she always does, moving slightly closer. Her head rests on my shoulder as her eyes move back to watching the kingdom.

After a tiring day of deciding dresses, cakes, people to invite and other things, we decided to chill in my room's balcony, watching the sky change itself due to a sunset over the lands. The bench placed there is quite convenient - I sigh happily at the moment, taking her hand in mine and squeezing it once having our fingers intertwined.

"But are you really happy with this? I mean, the marriage and all..." I trail off, feeling nervous as finally voicing my insecurities. "I understand if you're being kind just to make things easier to everyone and-"

"(Y/n), no." Frank says in a soft whining voice, surprising me by sitting upright and cupping my face at the same moment. Her eyebrows furrow in obvious worry as she looks at me with her characteristic pout. "I would have let you know I didn't like you long ago if I really did! Maintaining a lie would just make things harder." And before I'm even able to argue, she silences me with a kiss and it's just fucking awesome.

Her lips slowly move against mine, firm, wordlessly telling me she's sure of her words. It inevitably brings me comfort and I start returning the kiss with my hands softy closed around her hips. Frank ceases her movements for a brief moment. "I love you, okay?" Her small voice mutters against my lips, making my heart start to beat faster and happiness to take over me.

"I love you too." I mutter with a happy chuckle, locking our lips in a kiss again, deeper this time.

___________